Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
bull bar attachment
Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:24 AM
Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:32 AM
My bar mounted to the shipping ties and bumper.
From the looks and hole positions,
I'd say it mounts higher in the rear.
Most likely to the actual frame rails.
Possibly to the motor mount holes/bolts?
This would sit the bar level and be stronger?
Put the front more level/leaning forward and
see if it wants to mount to the frame rails...?
In the pic it's leaning back
Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:59 AM
Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:44 PM
Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:08 AM
Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:33 PM
1. jack up rig and place stands;
2. jack up and support motor cross member;
3. release cross member bolts;
4. bolt up rear most slot on either side (do not tighten)
5. use second jack to raise front portion of bar (i had to trim bumperettes and really push to get past bumper);
6. bolt up foward slots on either side (do not tighten)
7. bots up foward attachment bars ( it should now be obvious where they fit) (do not tighten)
8. now tighten slot bolts
9. now tighten forward attachment bars
hope this helps
ps. on a later madel brat i also had to remove lower chrome bar which connects the two bumperettes.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users