Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Whats the biggest vehical you have towed out with your soob?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 01 December 2003 - 03:35 AM

Well chalk up another massive tow job with the sooby.
Brings the total to:

1 1998 F350 Quad Cab (drivers side completely burried over the top of the tires and he was runnin 33" tires) 150 ft 1 1/4 inch tow line.. line got tight at 25 mph, came out first pull

1 2004 3500 Dodge Pickup - burried over the axles in snow (easy pull for my soob)

1 1995 2500 Chevy Extended Cab, Passenger side front tire completly burried.... back passenger snow over the castle nut on the rear axle.. (Took 6 jerks in 4 LO but I got it out)

So I want to see a list of the other cars/trucks you guys have pulled out with soob power

#2 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:14 AM

Pulled an F150 with 1,200 lbs. of salmon off of a rocy beach once.

#3 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 01 December 2003 - 09:36 AM

80S F150 4X4 OUT OF A SNOWY DITCH

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,295 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 01 December 2003 - 10:02 AM

a camaro out of foot deep snow down a 50 foot long alley with a bad transmission seal (auto 4x4 turbo)

towed a 2 axle trailer loaded with a dead soob 15 miles witn no braked but the parking...

tied 2 soobs (87rx and 86 sedan) together to pull a legacy out of the mud

#5 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 02 December 2003 - 02:41 AM

I havent helped too many ot of ditches. or things of that sort, but i did tow that full size van down hwy99 with the XT!

#6 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 02 December 2003 - 02:44 AM

Gee The only thing I've towed out has been a '43 willys that had sat in the same spot in my dad's back yard for 20 years.

#7 camosuba

camosuba

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Brisbane Australia

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:28 AM

I towed a five ton bedford furniture van off a bridge after he cut me off, then promptly ran out of fuel in front of me and stopped in the middle of a two lane bridge, so i used low range in my 1800 dual range 1976 wagon to pull of the road , then i found out it was loaded! i wondered why the rope stretched so far before it started to move!

#8 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 02 December 2003 - 11:26 AM

Well, since to date I have only towed one vehicle: Morgan Plus4

Damn Lucas electrics :D

#9 PHATBRAT

PHATBRAT

Subaru Lover

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  • Mt Holly, NJ

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:00 PM

I've towed a few, funny how they are all chevy's.

A cavalier out of a very small pile of freshly plowed snow on the side of the road.

A blazer out of a large deep median on rt 81 coming back from Tx. People were all stopped, it was a hell of a storm, I saw the guy hit his brakes to stop but apparently he wasn't so he either slid or swerved off the road waaaay down into the "ditch" (It was alot more than a ditch). MAN, did people look at me funny when I took off after him in the ol' BRAT. They must have thought I was crazy. He did! He never thought that I would make it out by myself nonetheless, pulling his POS. No sweat!

A camaro, same storm as above about 10 minutes later, off the shoulder of the road.

These are just a few, (within the last 2-3 yrs) I have pulled many others, as a matter of fact, waay back when I still lived in PA, I have helped the police out when they closed the roads (Blizzard of 93 and 96(?)

Tough to beat a little suby in the weather! Boz

#10 Forkspear

Forkspear

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Moriarty

Posted 02 December 2003 - 08:20 PM

I have towed our 50s International truck with my 83 2wd wagon. I also towed an 88 jeep commanche with my 86 4wd wagon. The trucks were not stuck just inable to move them selves down the road. Both tows were just a few miles.

#11 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 02 December 2003 - 11:13 PM

Towed my friends 2.5RS with my Impreza out of a snowbank after it got high centered...it was in deep, really deep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users