Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Seattle 88 Wagon STOLEN

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 seattlelegacy

seattlelegacy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • seattle

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:44 PM

:mad: Hey everyone. Its been a long time since I've been around (ahhh... life) but my wife's 88 wagon (can't recall DL or GL) with multiple stickers (mostly of the hippie variety) light blue in color was stolen from Cherry street near Swedish hospital (providence or Cherry hill campus) today. Lame, it wasn't worth what it costs to licence it, but it was good reliable transportation and some a hole stole it. Anyways, if you see it around town, shoot me an email or a PM. Thanks so much...

jordansteed(at)msn(dot)com

Thanks again...

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,122 posts
  • WA

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:03 PM

Unfortunatly, some crackhead has it. When you get it back (I'm sure you will) make sure you be very careful when going thru the car. Dirty needles and all that bad stuff.

#3 joostvdw

joostvdw

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • Holland

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:07 AM

like rob said, probably somebody took it for a joyride or a place to sleep in :rolleyes:

either way, look around fairly close to where it was stolen, odds are you'll find it in some bushes or under a bridge or something stupid, think like a crackhead and you might find it :-p

#4 kdixey

kdixey

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Sorry to hear about that, I used to live near that area (years ago). I hope you get it back. I had my Honda Civic stolen about 5 years ago (from my parking spot underneath my apartment building) and they eventually recovered it (although it was a bit beat up), but it was after the insurance had paid it off. That's how I ended up with my 86 wagon.

Kevin

:mad: Hey everyone. Its been a long time since I've been around (ahhh... life) but my wife's 88 wagon (can't recall DL or GL) with multiple stickers (mostly of the hippie variety) light blue in color was stolen from Cherry street near Swedish hospital (providence or Cherry hill campus) today. Lame, it wasn't worth what it costs to licence it, but it was good reliable transportation and some a hole stole it. Anyways, if you see it around town, shoot me an email or a PM. Thanks so much...

jordansteed(at)msn(dot)com

Thanks again...

#5 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:07 AM

Bump! sticky??!?

#6 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

Bump! sticky??!?

Done

#7 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

take a trip up to the north bend area...thats were a lot of cars/trucks get dumped....:-\

#8 seattlelegacy

seattlelegacy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • seattle

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:15 PM

Just wanted to thank you all.... we haven't located the hippie wagon, but we're still hoping we find her in drivable condition. I appreciate the attention/sticky, etc.

Jordan

#9 Ping Pong

Ping Pong

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Mojave Desert

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:15 AM

Your Car had Gas in it didn't it! That made it really really valuable!!!!!!
Sorry for the major loss. I feel the pain. I will keep my eyes open for it in California I drive I 5 two or three times a week. And who knows any day now the Subaru may be the dream car of the collectors. Seems they are drying up????? I do not see too many early 80's running around anymore. Make me bite my toungue!

#10 Ping Pong

Ping Pong

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Mojave Desert

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

I saw a blue dl on the shoulder of sb I 5 n of Zamora Exit Yolo County no hippy sticks a temp reg sticker for a ford vin kc402677 no license chico frame its been there 3 or more days with 4 Hour tow notice on it.

#11 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,386 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

why would anyone steal a subaru station wagon?

#12 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,879 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:36 AM

why would anyone steal a subaru station wagon?

Maybe the typical sports car couldn't hold all 6 highschool kids when they wanted to go joyriding:lol:

#13 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:54 AM

Maybe the typical sports car couldn't hold all 6 highschool kids when they wanted to go joyriding:lol:

I fit 12 in my 77 DL once..

I'll keep my eyes open, maybe they came to Corvallis, a Subaru with hippie stickers would blend in here like a VW @ Woodstock...

#14 seattlelegacy

seattlelegacy

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • seattle

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:08 PM

FOUND!! and in not bad shape either. They busted a light up front, probably 50cents at PAP. $150 to get it out of impound. It had an electric lawnmower in it, a gas can, some CDs, and other obviously stolen goods. the stereo was ripped out (it was a nice one too...) but otherwise not too bad. I haven't gone through it compltely, but i didn't see any needles or anythign. some beer bottles, that was a bout it. It was found in the rainer valley (of course). Anyways, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU for looking out and helping. What a great group us soob owners are. Thanks again,,

Jordan

#15 jonas

jonas

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • Oakridge

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

the rate soobies are stolen i really need to put in that cut-off switch i've been thinking about........
glad you got her back in one piece! was anyone caught in it?

#16 Dennis ex24

Dennis ex24

Subaru Disaster

• Members
  • 2,683 posts
  • Phila, Pa

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

they couldve picked a better car to steal.

#17 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

FOUND!! and in not bad shape either. They busted a light up front, probably 50cents at PAP. $150 to get it out of impound. It had an electric lawnmower in it, a gas can, some CDs, and other obviously stolen goods. the stereo was ripped out (it was a nice one too...) but otherwise not too bad. I haven't gone through it compltely, but i didn't see any needles or anythign. some beer bottles, that was a bout it. It was found in the rainer valley (of course). Anyways, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU for looking out and helping. What a great group us soob owners are. Thanks again,,

Jordan

I think that's bullhonkey that Washington makes you pay to get it out of impound, regardless of how it got there.. Happened to a friend of mine, some tweeker stole her car and got it impounded in washington, and they told her $500 to get it out of impound, and by the time she came up with the money they were like well it's $700 now, so they sold it at auction for $500 and took her to collections for like $1200, even though some trash stole her car... Buncha crap if you ask me... Find out who did it and like, sue 'em lol.. Stupid meth heads..

#18 beataru

beataru

Subarus Catch on fire?!

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • Phoenix

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:12 AM

CHECK THE CLUTCH AND THE WHOLE DRIVETRAIN, my bro in law got his rs stolen in Georgia and they found it in an ally, the hood was messed up, they ripped his radio out (and his cig lighter, now we cant use his G-meter) and they decided that It was good for an AWD car to do donuts and redline clutch drops.... and his clutch was shattered...... pooorr car, he got it back thankfully..... and fixed! but check everything (they didnt pee on the seats did they :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users