Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seattle 88 Wagon STOLEN

:mad: Hey everyone. Its been a long time since I've been around (ahhh... life) but my wife's 88 wagon (can't recall DL or GL) with multiple stickers (mostly of the hippie variety) light blue in color was stolen from Cherry street near Swedish hospital (providence or Cherry hill campus) today. Lame, it wasn't worth what it costs to licence it, but it was good reliable transportation and some a hole stole it. Anyways, if you see it around town, shoot me an email or a PM. Thanks so much...

jordansteed(at)msn(dot)com

Thanks again...

like rob said, probably somebody took it for a joyride or a place to sleep in :rolleyes:

either way, look around fairly close to where it was stolen, odds are you'll find it in some bushes or under a bridge or something stupid, think like a crackhead and you might find it :-p

Sorry to hear about that, I used to live near that area (years ago). I hope you get it back. I had my Honda Civic stolen about 5 years ago (from my parking spot underneath my apartment building) and they eventually recovered it (although it was a bit beat up), but it was after the insurance had paid it off. That's how I ended up with my 86 wagon.

Kevin

:mad: Hey everyone. Its been a long time since I've been around (ahhh... life) but my wife's 88 wagon (can't recall DL or GL) with multiple stickers (mostly of the hippie variety) light blue in color was stolen from Cherry street near Swedish hospital (providence or Cherry hill campus) today. Lame, it wasn't worth what it costs to licence it, but it was good reliable transportation and some a hole stole it. Anyways, if you see it around town, shoot me an email or a PM. Thanks so much...

jordansteed(at)msn(dot)com

Thanks again...

Your Car had Gas in it didn't it! That made it really really valuable!!!!!!

Sorry for the major loss. I feel the pain. I will keep my eyes open for it in California I drive I 5 two or three times a week. And who knows any day now the Subaru may be the dream car of the collectors. Seems they are drying up????? I do not see too many early 80's running around anymore. Make me bite my toungue!

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe the typical sports car couldn't hold all 6 highschool kids when they wanted to go joyriding:lol:

I fit 12 in my 77 DL once..

I'll keep my eyes open, maybe they came to Corvallis, a Subaru with hippie stickers would blend in here like a VW @ Woodstock...

FOUND!! and in not bad shape either. They busted a light up front, probably 50cents at PAP. $150 to get it out of impound. It had an electric lawnmower in it, a gas can, some CDs, and other obviously stolen goods. the stereo was ripped out (it was a nice one too...) but otherwise not too bad. I haven't gone through it compltely, but i didn't see any needles or anythign. some beer bottles, that was a bout it. It was found in the rainer valley (of course). Anyways, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU for looking out and helping. What a great group us soob owners are. Thanks again,,

Jordan

• 3 weeks later...
FOUND!! and in not bad shape either. They busted a light up front, probably 50cents at PAP. $150 to get it out of impound. It had an electric lawnmower in it, a gas can, some CDs, and other obviously stolen goods. the stereo was ripped out (it was a nice one too...) but otherwise not too bad. I haven't gone through it compltely, but i didn't see any needles or anythign. some beer bottles, that was a bout it. It was found in the rainer valley (of course). Anyways, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU for looking out and helping. What a great group us soob owners are. Thanks again,,

Jordan

I think that's bullhonkey that Washington makes you pay to get it out of impound, regardless of how it got there.. Happened to a friend of mine, some tweeker stole her car and got it impounded in washington, and they told her $500 to get it out of impound, and by the time she came up with the money they were like well it's $700 now, so they sold it at auction for $500 and took her to collections for like $1200, even though some trash stole her car... Buncha crap if you ask me... Find out who did it and like, sue 'em lol.. Stupid meth heads..

CHECK THE CLUTCH AND THE WHOLE DRIVETRAIN, my bro in law got his rs stolen in Georgia and they found it in an ally, the hood was messed up, they ripped his radio out (and his cig lighter, now we cant use his G-meter) and they decided that It was good for an AWD car to do donuts and redline clutch drops.... and his clutch was shattered...... pooorr car, he got it back thankfully..... and fixed! but check everything (they didnt pee on the seats did they :eek: