Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In-depth informations about EA82 ECUs

So, my buddy managed to solve the problem! This Transistor was damaged:

repair.png

It's original a NPN transistor, type NEC 2SC2719, and this type isn't in production any more since several years. But you can just use a more common type with the same or better technical datas, so my buddy choosed a BD139 as replacement.

This is a very standard type and available from nearly every semiconductor company, for example Texas Instruments, STM, Motorola/Freescale, Fairchild, Siemens, Philips and so on. Here are a few datasheets for BD139: http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=BD139

Anf here is a document which describes the original one: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/datasheet.php?article=3746501

As you can see, the BD139 is far better, but because it's such a common part, it's really cheap. One piece cost about 0.50 US$ here in Germany. The replacement is easy, you can do it with basic soldering knowledge.

So, the ECU now works fine as it should! I write an article for the USRM in within the next hours!

AND: My problems regarding acceleration are gone!! So it seems that the ECUs interchangeable to some degree and the engine should run, but it runs bad. The test drive was a real pleasure :)

Thanks for the update. That is the same exact thing that happened to mine though I had a different model ECU. Glad you got it corrected. This will help some others that have the same problem.

Can you tell us what the Q number is of the transistor? You can't see what the number is in the pictures.

that is awesome! thanks for posting all of that information. based on the all that i've read and we've talked off-line i can almost gaurantee this is my issue as well with mine. thanks! that is a fantastic write up! i'm an electronic idiot and it all made perfect sense! thanks again.

• 4 years later...