Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Making the run to the Dragon 7-18

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

I got a wild hair and decided to head out to the annual XT6.net run of the Dragon. Of course I'll be driving the newly aquired 89 XT 4wd I picked up the other week. My route crosses alot of States, so if I'm passing thru I might have a little time to visit before I have to roll again. Google says it will take 39hrs total. So if I leave on the 18th I have 3+days to make it there.
Heres my route, if anyone is interested in a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a cup of joe, let me know.
http://maps.google.c...738281&z=4&om=1

#2 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:46 PM

I got a wild hair and decided to head out to the annual XT6.net run of the Dragon. Of course I'll be driving the newly aquired 89 XT 4wd I picked up the other week. My route crosses alot of States, so if I'm passing thru I might have a little time to visit before I have to roll again. Google says it will take 39hrs total. So if I leave on the 18th I have 3+days to make it there.
Heres my route, if anyone is interested in a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a cup of joe, let me know.
http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Fontana+Village,+Uninc+Graham+County,+NC&saddr=Bonney+lk+WA.+98391&f=d&hl=en&sll=35.484156,-83.489227&sspn=0.566942,1.277161&ie=UTF8&ll=39.842286,-92.197266&spn=34.028807,81.738281&z=4&om=1

looks like i won't be going....i go back to work on the 23rd......nice job Rob you planned this didn't you..:dead: :Flame:

#3 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

I had no idea what your schedule was:-p

#4 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

I had no idea what your schedule was:-p

no prob ....i don't think the H2:dead: would make it anyway....:cool:

#5 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:03 AM

Geee...that makes my 870 + or - mile trip look like a cake walk. ( still trying to figure out the $$ for getting there and back though :lol:

#6 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,305 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:43 AM

I will do my utmost to make it,but certainly can't promise anything.

Rob,when is Sturgis? Maybe you can hit that on the way back if the timing is right. Any plans on the route back? Going the same in reverse or maybe swing a little northeastward??;)

#7 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

I will do my utmost to make it,but certainly can't promise anything.

Rob,when is Sturgis? Maybe you can hit that on the way back if the timing is right. Any plans on the route back? Going the same in reverse or maybe swing a little northeastward??;)

Sturgis is Aug 6-12. This was my original thought a month ago.
My boys are going to church camp and it coincides with the Dragon run. I'm just taking advantage of the timing;)
I need to get back home after the Dragon tho, as my oldest is going to be heading to Atlanta for a National Martial Arts Competition.

#8 john in KY

john in KY

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • KY

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

Exit 4 I-24 in TN works for me. That's the Clarksville/FT. Campbell exit. I live a few miles up the road in KY. If you are passing that exit in the daytime, let me know. I'll spring for a meal.

John

#9 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

Will do. Might be a good idea to have your cell # before hand;)
I should be real close to my destination by then.

#10 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Hey Rob, Davevalent is in Rapid city SD and I'm in Sioux Falls (three miles off the interstate). I'll be sending you a PM with # etc. We're a good place for a rest or help if needed. Have a safe trip, Tim

#11 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:50 AM

Thanks Tim. I've been in contact with Dave for a while. He's offered his hospitality if I ever made the run to Sturgis (maybe next year).

#12 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:59 PM

You know how to reach me if you need something. :) Looks like youre passing about 2 hours north of me.

#13 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:12 PM

You know how to reach me if you need something. :) Looks like youre passing about 2 hours north of me.

2hrs?
Did you move to WY?:-p
Thats the closest I come to CO.

#14 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

the babe rally ran through these parts, i have been through the dragon twice. the first time as a passenger with top gear magazaine and last time on my motorcycle in the dark and in the rain.

be sure to check out the blue ridge parkway and gatlinburg, TN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users