Ultimate Subaru Message Board

few pics of my 81 Brat

Here's a few shots of my progress so far. After the run to Ellensburg to get the rollbar I decided it was time for some changes. #1 Peugeot 504 14" 185's. Bent 13" rims are not good on long rides.#2 Swapped drivers seat from 84 parts car. (my @R$e is still hurting from the trip! :dead: ) #3 painted roll bar and brushguard stainless steel grey and installed. Much better!! :banana: Now it rides smooth.What a difference!!! :clap: :clap: :clap::headbang: fshnidiot post-21627-136027623318_thumb.jpg

post-21627-13602762333_thumb.jpg

post-21627-136027623326_thumb.jpg

It's getting there. Still needs paint,body work, and some interior work. I also need to replace the :eek:Ford:eek: seatbelts in the back. That's just not right. My neighbor just came over to look at the new rollbar and says "Hey, I got one kinda like that over behind the house that was left here by the last tenants. I got no idea what it's for. You want it?" So I walk over there, pull back the blackberry bushes and..... It's a little rusty but now I have 2 rollbars. It's the exact same rollbar and it's been across the street from me all this time!!! :eek::lol::mad::banana: all at the same time!!!! I guess I'll clean it up and try and put it in my 82. Thanks everyone for the nice comments, I feel alot better about the $2000 I have into her now! Frank (fshnidiot)

Shouldn't that have come with white rims?

For some reason I was thinking the quad headlights

and white rims were a trim package?

Looks good anyway!

Glenn

I've got 'em (2 full sets)but it rides sooooooo much better on the 14" peugeot rims and I like the added ride height with the larger tires. They might get painted and go back on when I do my custom paint scheme in a few months but I'm happy with it for now.:grin: Frank (fshnidiot)