Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi there,

I have had an intermitent speedo problem for some time. It comes on and off at random and I can't see any type of pattern to it. The cruise control still works so I know the car is registering speed somewhere.

Any idea's? I know there is a couple of different sensors and am trying to narrow it down. Don't want to pay the dealer.

Thanks,

Billy

Thanks guys.

OB99W-thanks for the search.

You're welcome.

I could not find that option(still having trouble), must be going blind.[...]
Your eyes are probably okay. Start here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3 . Then look at the gray bar at the top of the list of threads. On the left it says "Threads in Forum : New Generation of Subarus"; on the right is "Search this Forum" -- click on that and it will open a box for the search. Note that it won't return anything if you don't enter at least four characters; if the term you're looking for has fewer, you need to add a "wildcard". For example, to search for "ATF", enter "ATF*".

99s have a way to common problem of the speedo head itself goes bad in the cluster. Most Subaru dealers actually stock that part. We have run into this before with a couple times this year. Anymore we just for go all the diagnostic with them anymore because we have seen it that much.