Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does Subaru make a O-ring seal kit or can I get them locally without taken my old ones into the store? It's for a 97 Legacy Outback, 2.5/manual. BTW: I did the dye test to show the leaks and I have a leak on either end of the hi pressure line.

Does Subaru make a O-ring seal kit or can I get them locally without taken my old ones into the store? It's for a 97 Legacy Outback, 2.5/manual. BTW: I did the dye test to show the leaks and I have a leak on either end of the hi pressure line.

I just bought a cheap ($10)kit for HF, the green rings are what you want. XXXX I think WRONG. I mean HNBR. I saw them at AZ too. The green ones.

The trick to setting orings is to lubricate them (with pag oil) and NOT stretch them to fit. Snug is ok. More than 1.5mm gap isn't good. You don't want to roll them on. On the HP line, they fit into only a chamfer on the lip of the receiver and condensor. Use new long capscrews with the formed washer base. Got mine from the bins at Ace. I used a tiny amount of antisieze on the screw, don't want to get that on the oring.

You are tightening them into aluminum, so be careful not to overtighten them.

I believe those o-rings are hnbr. I got an assortment from harbor freight, but they are sae sizes. I'm guessing the subaru sizes would be metric. Though my friend's '91 dodge colt has metric bolts and i found exact or very close a/c o-ring matches in the harbor freight kit.

EPDM is not rated for refrigerants. Neoprene is rated 'good', PTFE and FEP 'excellent'. Not sure if this link will work, but if you go to http://www.mcmaster.com, then search for o-ring, then click 'about o-ring materials' it will show you lots of info. Though I'm not sure why they don't list hnbr since that's very common for a/c.

I believe those o-rings are hnbr. I got an assortment from harbor freight, but they are sae sizes. I'm guessing the subaru sizes would be metric. Though my friend's '91 dodge colt has metric bolts and i found exact or very close a/c o-ring matches in the harbor freight kit.

EPDM is not rated for refrigerants. Neoprene is rated 'good', PTFE and FEP 'excellent'. Not sure if this link will work, but if you go to www.mcmaster.com, then search for o-ring, then click 'about o-ring materials' it will show you lots of info. Though I'm not sure why they don't list hnbr since that's very common for a/c.

Oooops, that's what I meant. HNBR. The green ones.