Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HD Bumper Options: Seattle Area

Well, it looks like I might need a beefier bumper so I can use a bumper jack to lift my lifted '83 wagon if necessary. I've got the black plastic bumpers.

Can anyone recommend a good person or place near seattle to have fabricate bumpers for me?

Will do. Thanks Qman. I don't need anything real fancy--just something with a receiver hitch that won't get torn up by a bumper jack like the plastic ones. Unfortunately, I don't have a welder myself and have not welded anything since 1982 :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Have you even 4X'd that thing yet Dante? lol

God to see you around and looking to improve the wagon. :)

I don't know if it would qualify as 4-wheeling by Hatch Patrol standards, but I've played in the snow and mud up the North Fork of the Snoqualmie a couple times and I managed to break my tailpipe at the little 4x4 pit on the right just before the Taylor River bridge on the Middle Fork Snoqualmie River road. I took it up to the end of the Middle Fork again last weekend on the way to and from a hike, but that was more like wannabe rally driving than 4-wheeling ;)

I have some free weekends in September and October. When is the next run?

By the way, did Ken ever bring up that winch switch?