Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 1/2 xt 4 turbo what to do

new aquisition.

well free relly traded some work for it. anyway no title just a bill of sale and the registration. checked with cops and its not stolen but title seams to be unacuireable. so here is the question..

do i do a swap into my 88 turbo wagon

im thinking of doing the complete swap

dash motor and wire harness.

also

dr 5spd.

and suspension (the xt has rx suspension) is it better.

or shuld i find another xt and make it a 87 1/2???

and yes it has the spider intake on it. :slobber:

titles are always aquireable.... just depends on how much ya wanna do to get one....

i know here in virginia as well as oregon, if you have a car and no title, you can send a registered letter to the previous owner (DMV will give you thier last known mailing address) if they don't respond in 30 days, you can apply for a title in your name and get one.. no ifs ands or :moon:

i'd check with your dmv, i'm sure they have a very similiar procedure..... would be a shame to lose another rare car..:boohoo:

I know in my state, if you don't have the title and the car is registered to someone else, there is NO way you can get one.

Got anyone you trust who lives in another state where obtaining a title is possible? "Sell" the car to them, then when the title comes, have them sign it over to you.

this is eactly what I have to do with my wagon. One of the previous owners had a loan on the car by ome company but he never paid te loan and then the company went outta business. So now I get to send a registered letter to the company so I cn get the title for it. I got the registration and a bill of sale so now all I gotta do is send a couple of letters:brolleye: