Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alcyone ( XT XT6 SVX ) Dragon Meet News

Now that WCSS9 is over and my little ECSS cookout...The next item is the Dragon Meet.. Well..there are some people here who have been very good at keeping the secret...and now is time for the announcement.

As many know..Tommy and me have been engaged for well over a year now..late last week we desided ..what the heck..lets get hitched at the Dragon ( BTW Tommys last name is Dragone..perfect huh?) I managed to plan the whole thing out in a half hour..keeping it super simple..nothing fancy..

I asked Turbone if he wanted to be the one to kick me in the pants ( give me away) I picked him for many reasons. Tommy still has to make his choice ...Melis ( LeakingOil) is going to be me best bish.

Anyway...what could be better then to tie the knot surrounded by good ...more like GREAT ..people and Subarus!

I hope I've recouped enough:rolleyes:

I'm wiped out from this weekend:lol:

Cant believe the Dragon is only 3 weeks away:eek:

Oh Rob..you should be suffering from the "good" wiped out..Talked to Andrew last night and he gave me the poop...didnt tell me about the ride in the hatch though.

You can't believe the dragon is only 3 weeks away?? lmao

Oh Rob..you should be suffering from the "good" wiped out..Talked to Andrew last night and he gave me the poop...didnt tell me about the ride in the hatch though.

You can't believe the dragon is only 3 weeks away?? lmao

Oh yeah, its a good tired....to much fun tired:headbang:

Andrew didnt say anything about his ride in the Hatch probably because I had him squirming in his seat a few times. And I was taking it mellow too:-p

Congrats to both of you and best of luck.

Lots to do here before I can even consider the Dragon,but I'll see what I can do. Certainly,Rob coming makes me want to push to make it happen.

Where are you starting out from? How many overnights? How far down the Parkway are you guys going?

Oh yeah, its a good tired....to much fun tired:headbang:

Andrew didnt say anything about his ride in the Hatch probably because I had him squirming in his seat a few times. And I was taking it mellow too:-p

It's not his first time out in a lifted roo. Ask him about the ice/water crossing in my wagon. It's good fun intiating the un-offroaded.

Where abouts is the Dragon run? I'm not sure if i'll be in Scotland or wyoming then, but if i'm not, would an EJ25'd lifted wagon be welcome or a liability? I saw the pics of the XT that flipped, and i'm considerably more top heavy.

It's not his first time out in a lifted roo. Ask him about the ice/water crossing in my wagon. It's good fun intiating the un-offroaded.

Where abouts is the Dragon run? I'm not sure if i'll be in Scotland or wyoming then, but if i'm not, would an EJ25'd lifted wagon be welcome or a liability? I saw the pics of the XT that flipped, and i'm considerably more top heavy.

north carolina, linky to follow

http://www.xt6.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6630

hotel

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

no liability, just pull off when faster cars come up behind you

Congrats to both of you and best of luck.

Lots to do here before I can even consider the Dragon,but I'll see what I can do. Certainly,Rob coming makes me want to push to make it happen.

Where are you starting out from? How many overnights? How far down the Parkway are you guys going?

Paulyburger.. So far..the plan is ..kinda...if all goes well...To meet up with Melis and Dave sometime Thursday the 19th ..probably noonish or early afternoon...travel down with them ( Maybe earlier..we havent discussed to much yet). Its about 14 hours from here in New Milford.stay down there..probably leave early on Monday the 23 to come back....but who knows..we still havent planned it all out. My mapquest directions have us pretty much going straight down RT81 to Rt 40

Hey Guys,I'm OUT....sorry.

FREE tickets on the third base line to a Yankees game. My son is an ARod fan and he's going to be about 20 ft. from the guy all game long. Right there in the first box off third base!!

Have fun. Rob,I'll have to catch you next year,my brother. :-\

Have fun guys! Don't get out of control.

...FREE tickets on the third base line to a Yankees game. Right there in the first box off third base!!

I had those seats my first game ever..the best seats in the house IMHO <Jeter wiggled all through the game:slobber: >

Have fun and catch ya next round.

• 2 weeks later...
would an EJ25'd lifted wagon be welcome or a liability? I saw the pics of the XT that flipped, and i'm considerably more top heavy.

The Dragon is NOT a race. If you treat it like one you WILL end up burned by it's fire!

I live 80mi from the dragon & regularly make the "day trip" over. I've seen LOTS of ugly things there. Both on the road & off :rolleyes:

On an average weekend, there's a bit much traffic to go fast. Go on a wednesay tho....:burnout:

Coming "down" the dragon from TN to NC a good 80% of the trip is bordered by bluffs above on the left, and cliffs below on the right. Blow a right turn & you end up a greasy spot on a rock face. Blow a left & you wreck for days till you end up in the river. Guardrails? We don't need no stinking guardrails!

I'm not out to scare anyone away, but this AIN'T no racetrack.

TreeOfShame.jpg

Oh & just for fun, ClubHonda.com is holding it's meet the SAME weekend!!!!!

Heh, thats not the whole tree either.

The branches got stuff hanging off of them also. SuperBikes on Speed did a show where they were at the Dragon. Lots of crazy stuff I tell ya;)

And no, a lifted Subaru is not a good idea:rolleyes:

with the Hondas being there @ the same time I think I need a car count so I can buy a box of "Uncle Ben's" for each Alcyone to display in it's rear window.;)

Oh yeah & by the way, there have been 3 fatalities on bikes this weekend, so expect INTENSE police presence next weekend. Add to that the weather here has been unpredictale & HOT!! It may or may not rain on any given day, depending on conditions that change from moment to moment. You GOTTA love living in the mountains

with the Hondas being there @ the same time I think I need a car count so I can buy a box of "Uncle Ben's" for each Alcyone to display in it's rear window.;)

Oh yeah & by the way, there have been 3 fatalities on bikes this weekend, so expect INTENSE police presence next weekend. Add to that the weather here has been unpredictale & HOT!! It may or may not rain on any given day, depending on conditions that change from moment to moment. You GOTTA love living in the mountains

Whoo Hoo....almost Dragon Time:banana: :banana: :banana:

FREE tickets on the third base line to a Yankees game. My son is an ARod fan and he's going to be about 20 ft. from the guy all game long. Right there in the first box off third base!!
so you're going right? sounds like the perfect opportunity to teach that friendships are more important than celebrities!

so you're going right? sounds like the perfect opportunity to teach that friendships are more important than celebrities!

:lol: I won't release the pitbulls on this one. :lol:

Hey guys,have a great time!!

My son has met more USMB members than most USMB members have. :)

We are leaving here in about a half hour..have to fuel up and drop the dog off. Its just about 10 am. See y'all after the dragon!

made it here safely don't waste your money on the in hotel internets, it sucks but it's better then nothing

oh if anyone sees this i'm in room 125 till 10:30 tommorow, buzz me when you get here

Img0633.JPG

Calling Grampa from the FRONT ROW to tell him Shelley Duncan just hit his first Major League home run .......... priceless!

Sorry guys.Hope you had a great time. I really wish I had gotten to meet Rob,but he'll have to catch me on his turf. :cool:

The day was without question the best I'd ever had at the Stadium. Weather,traffic,kids,game,and just about everything nearly perfect. No offense guys,but this was a once in a lifetime event for me and my son.

Hey,you've gotta see the taco stand they're putting up across the street!! :clap:

For the ladies Jeter and A-rod:

Img0593.JPG

Img0636.JPG

Img0662.JPG

Cheers !