Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The WCSS 9 Experience Thread

OK, I'll start..

First off, I'd like to thank all that put effort, sweat, time and money into getting this year's show going (and successful, I might add): :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: !!

That firewood was a nice touch, I hope our donations covered the cost.

As usual, it was an absolute pleasure to drive a 25 year-old non-A/C car a great distance and back to attend this year's meet..well organized, a beautiful setting, and a great turnout.

Met an East Coast member (WagonsOnly), along with some others that are more "local" (western half of USA) that I'm sure will become "regulars".

Here are some numbers I made:

Total trip miles: 1630 (311,844 out, 313,474 now:headbang: ).

Average gas mileage for the trip: 26.7

Best MPG on a tank: 31.7(!!)

Total parts lost or broken on the trails: 1 (broken tail light)

Times stuck on the trails: 3 (thanks Subynut and David for pulling me out)

Awards won this year: 0 (:lol:)

Times I was talked into going through a puddle/mudhole thought to be too deep: 3 (thanks CrazyD and Renaissance Man)

I thought of more this morning during the trip home, but I've lost'em:banghead: .

Frank (Fishnidiot), I didn't realize you were there, I have your parts..would have been good to meet you and do our business in person.

And thanks to Mike (Renaissance Man) and his bud for helping do a quick "pre-failure" clutch cable swap on Sunday:clap: .

Please add your own version if you wish :) .

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank (Fishnidiot), I didn't realize you were there, I have your parts..would have been good to meet you and do our business in person.

Sorry I missed you too, having my sidekick Odie with me kept me pretty busy going from bush to bush all day. He can't pass a tree or another dog without stopping. Send me a PM and we'll get the parts figured out. I wish I would have gone up with the others when they went up into the trails, I'd have crossed paths with you for sure then. I got to explore for a few after the awards and that place is AWESOME!!!!:headbang: Good to hear you made it home safely, I can always look foward to meeting you at next years show!! Frank (fshnidiot)

while i was there...i slept through most of the show :mad:

we showed up at about 130am saturday morning, i didn't get my tent set up until about 330am and i got up at 7am. went to have a nap after the rallyx at about 330pm and didn't wake up again until 730am sunday morning...

i had a good time but man i wish i had seen more...

All the pics I have seen really make me want to come out there even more...Not sure if I would want to bring out my XT6 ( cause its so different) or drive my new /old Impreza out...or fly out and bring home a lifted EA82 4 WD DR 5 spd wagon

Yes, another excellent job to eveyone that helped out.:clap::clap::clap: That has got to be the best location, yet. Excelent choice!

A many thanks to the FlingPu guys for helping me get the muffler back where it belongs after I lost it in the RallyCross.:clap: Also, thanks Qman for helping my sister get her roo turned around on that trail. PNW mud is far different than Arizona sand and rocks. Thank you, Zap for yanking me up that same trail, your

'yota rocks!:headbang:

It was great talking to you guys in person again: NV Zeno, Suberdave, Subieman, Jibs, and CrazyD. NV Zeno: another great drive with you, great fun!:banana:

Now, on to the bad news: no, we didn't quite make it home. David lost a t-belt about a mile from Beatty, NV, towed it to town. There's no parts place for about 60 miles and the crank pully wont come off. Thankfully, help is on it's way and we are currently sitting in the Stagecoach Hotel. So, we have shelter, food, and TV to keep us busy while we wait.

What blast! I've been to 4 shows now....It just keeps gettin' better!

Thanks to all who made it happen!!!:banana:

A buddy of mine from Orcas Is. came over in his '04 outback mystic blue like mine...I got some great pics when we cruised up high on the FS rds...and were treated to the Olympics and Mt.Rainier...

Thx, Richie for bringin' that WCSS8 sweatshirt ...It made for a warmer night given I forgot my sleepn bag...DOH! I was toasty in subie style!

I gave SJR a light so he could work...We camped together with his famiily and was a great time...!:headbang:

I wheeled abit both days...as well. Great to see some old friends and meet new ones...

olympics.jpg

2outclouds.jpg

rainerout.jpg

WCSS9quadrun.jpg

gotlight.jpg

I've been sitting here (all morning actually) thinking about the Show and what could make it better.

We need to set it up around a 3 day weekend!

It was like going to Disneyland, there wasnt enough time for me to see and meet all that were there......and still go out and hit the trails. And if my RX was broke in, I would have been out doing the RallyX also.

So, definatly, we need a longer meet.

The ones that felt like there was nothing to do?.......phhhtttt:-p

Thats your problem:rolleyes:

I've been sitting here (all morning actually) thinking about the Show and what could make it better.

It was like going to Disneyland, there wasnt enough time for me to see and meet all that were there......and still go out and hit the trails. And if my RX was broke in, I would have been out doing the RallyX also.

ohhhhhhhhhh yea.....:lol:

Times I was talked into going through a puddle/mudhole thought to be too deep: 3 (thanks CrazyD and Renaissance Man)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: i had a great time. this was the best show so far (out of my past experiences wcss7, 8, and 9) thanks dave and mike for letting me drive the soobs, i was going crazy and i needed my fix so thank you and ill see you both at next years show in whatever soob i have(hopefully a brat) :rolleyes:

I had a blast just doin cookies with my coupe on the mudflat and rockin up and down the hill... Who says lowered Subarus can't go have fun in the mud too:grin:

Also, I wasn't present at a couple of shows in the past but I heard that there was also a swap meet type of deal at one of them. Be great to have people bring parts and such to try and sell. I know I'm in the market for a new set of rims.

This sums up my experience.

WCSS9_004.jpg

Too bad I discovered that I tweaked one of my wheels once I washed the mud off.

Wait until you find the mud underneath. It took me almost two hours with the pressure washer to get the underside "reasonable". I couldn't believe how much mud was caked on the underside after just 5 under one minute runs!