Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The WCSS 9 Experience Thread

It took me a hour and $20 at the car wash to do the Hatch. It was easier for me because I have the clearance underneath, but I think I had 3 times the mud. $5 of the $20 was spent cleaning the bay after I was done:-p
Rob, call me next time and I'll lend you my PORTABLE pressure washer. It's slow but only costs me the water.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate each and every one of you ..( OK not really ) Next year I am going.. would like to bring Rocky out but might jusdt fly out and sweet talk someone into picking me up at the airport and letting me drive one of thier cars in;)

I hate each and every one of you ..( OK not really ) Next year I am going.. would like to bring Rocky out but might jusdt fly out and sweet talk someone into picking me up at the airport and letting me drive one of thier cars in;)

Hertz rents Subarus...

(Just my 2 bucks)

:lol: thats what i did...i flew from reno to seatac and suberdave picked me and jibs up and NVZeno(other Dave) and renasanceman(mike) let me drive lol

I've got one (or 2, or 3, take your pick:cool: )

And I would certainly pick you up at the airport.

Hertz rents Subarus...

(Just my 2 bucks)

So dose Budget, atleast the one at Orlando FL airport dose... okay they had one. It was an 07 Legacy sedan and it was hard for me to not go and buy me a new Subaru when I got back from vacation.

Wait until you find the mud underneath. It took me almost two hours with the pressure washer to get the underside "reasonable". I couldn't believe how much mud was caked on the underside after just 5 under one minute runs!

I got most of it off but the other customers at the coin opperated car wash did look at me funny when I used my floor jack to lift the car.

I also broke the machine. After putting $10 in tokens into it; it would take the next token, credit me for the time but the token would then fall through the coin return slot.:banana: Let's just say I got more than my money's worth out of that thing. I ended up giving they guy in the next stall the rest of my tokens when I had enough fun for the night.

Honestly, I thought it could have been better. There was no dinner get together while we did the raffle like in years previous. I also wanted a personalized mug as in years passed. The old gen crowd a lousy turn out, and a wheelin run wasn't really organized like last year. I wheeled once all weekend, and only for an hour or so. I totally dig the site and think its one of the better venues the show has been in, but otherwise I was bored, and tireds of the whole scene. A lot of people I talked to seemed to feelm the same way. I don't know if I want to try to make it next year, with gas getting more expensive and everything else, I don't know.

Honestly, I thought it could have been better. There was no dinner get together while we did the raffle like in years previous. I also wanted a personalized mug as in years passed. The old gen crowd a lousy turn out, and a wheelin run wasn't really organized like last year. I wheeled once all weekend, and only for an hour or so. I totally dig the site and think its one of the better venues the show has been in, but otherwise I was bored, and tireds of the whole scene. A lot of people I talked to seemed to feelm the same way. I don't know if I want to try to make it next year, with gas getting more expensive and everything else, I don't know.

Unfortunately we got started a bit late with planning for the show this year. Last year was tough on the organizers and really it’s pretty lucky the show even happened this year. We did a committee style organization for the first time for this show - that we think went pretty well. Yes we did lose some "cool" aspects from years past because of time constraints. Next year we WILL have dinner during the awards, I to missed that and will make sure that happens for next year. The Beer glasses WILL be personalized next year.

I'm confused by why you only went off-roading for an hour but then say you were bored - so go play more?? The off-road "organized" outing has always been planned by someone not associated with the show - this year no one took that up. Jibs how about next year you plan that?

As for the old school scene - maybe you guys can tell us why the turnout was so low? Was it the date, the amount of notice time?… couldn’t have been the location – this was the best old school location EVER!

Just a note: we take the negative comments pretty personal; we did spend months of our time to put on the best show we had time for. I think what we pulled off is quite amazing giving the circumstances. We do want the feedback but also remember to give suggestions to improve the show if you didn't like something - don’t just state what we did wrong.

Jibs if you do decided to come out next year – which I hope you do since we are starting planning now, and will be the best show ever – and you get bored again track me down and I can put you to work. My feet still hurt from WCSS9

Thanks guys!

I gave a off road ride to anyone who asked, and some that didnt:-p

Jibs, you just looked at me and kept on trucking.:confused:

I kept my Hatch in camp mostly, so people could see it and come say hi.

Besides, its a little more photogenic than me:-p

Sure, things were different this Show, but thats the nature of the beast.

There were different people orginazing this year and for them it was a learning experience. I think they did a bang up job and can only get better in the future.

While i was there i had a great time....enjoyed it 100%

like the stones said."you can't allways get what you want ,,but if you try sometime, you might find ,you get what you need.."

so what ,,,,,,if it was different this year......thats what its all about....

spark

Ronnie and I had a blast. I think she is almost ready to drive something older than 2003 just for some wheel time.. ( I am hoping ) Jonathan was there overnight and still hasn't shut up yet.. Thanks Rob! :headbang:

As far as the show organization goes yes there are some little things that could make it better, but what they did do was very smooth.

Sparkster Caboobaroo , Josh, and even Matt helped to make it a perfect weekend as well. I thoroghly enjoyed staying far later than is normal for me to B.S. around the fire and cook steaks in the dark.

Mike

Hey Guys, just wanted to say that I and the brat made it back no problem after my long adventure (the show was only the 1st half of my road trip)

Rob and Eric, thankyou so much for draging me back on the trail :lol:

(Rob, seriously I was joking when you took my spot in the lineup)

Yes JB there were some aspects of the show that were a little less formal than previous.. but I have to hand it to the committe that put ot together.. I used to put together just small events when I was involved with the scouts, and it was A LOT OF WORK. Honestly I loved the show, because of how cool it was to hang out with all the board members I had met from previous shows. (next year I'll try and bring my swampers with me, lol)

Scott, it was great to meet you again, and thanks for the tips on metalcasting

Frank, great to meet you and thanks for the pedal cluster stuff.. I wouldent have made the trip without that

Dalton, great time hanging out and I look forward to wheelin with ya sooner or later, as you are the closest person on the board to me with a rig

Dave, great time hangin out, and thanks for the lunch. I gotta hand it to ya, as your sube is THE TOUGHEST stock subaru I have ever seen

Arizona trio: I gotta hand it to ya for making the trip every year, I'll contact you if I get the chance to go out to the desert, or moab, etc...

Jeremy, great hangin out with ya, I hope yo fixed your bummed fender.

Had a great time, thanks for having it closer to home, organized offroad event would be cool

. (next year I'll try and bring my swampers with me, lol)

Scott, it was great to meet you again, and thanks for the tips on metalcasting

Swampers, better bring a few extra axles , Ive seen many a ea81 axle break , Ive yet to break a EA82 axle,

once you get that casting down you can take over the bussiness HAAAAA :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just figured out the milage: 3693 miles! I now have 223K miles on me suby.:banana: Only "broke part" I aquired was a separated tire and I think I might have a CV going since I have a vibration while on the throttle. Going through Gila Bend, Suby topped out at 230 deg on the temp scale while climbing, otherwise she hung out between 200 and 215. My roo did much better this year and Becky's car was perfect. One thing I noticed on this trip: I have far more power at the ORV park than I do down here in AZ. I wonder why?:lol:

Yes, well worth the 3693 mile round trip! Good job guys!:clap:

Rennasance Man: Sure, just give us a holler if your down here.

I just figured out the milage: 3693 miles! I now have 223K miles on me suby.:banana: Only "broke part" I aquired was a separated tire and I think I might have a CV going since I have a vibration while on the throttle. Going through Gila Bend, Suby topped out at 230 deg on the temp scale while climbing, otherwise she hung out between 200 and 215. My roo did much better this year and Becky's car was perfect. One thing I noticed on this trip: I have far more power at the ORV park than I do down here in AZ. I wonder why?:lol:

Yes, well worth the 3693 mile round trip! Good job guys!:clap:

Rennasance Man: Sure, just give us a holler if your down here.

what was your MPG and gas cost for the R/T if i may ask.. .....spark

I don't have all the recipts (flew out the window, prolly:-\) I found enough for 2200 miles I got an average of 34 MPG and we were using either Shell or Chevron with prices on average of 3.26/gal. Not bad, I would say. Normally, around town, I get about 25 MPG. Prolly due to that fact that normal hiway crusing, I only open up the secondary when I climb a hill. Otherwise, I am using very little throttle to maintain speed.:) Stop and go traffic? Gotta get to the speed limit first, ya know?:burnout:

Dalton, great time hanging out and I look forward to wheelin with ya sooner or later, as you are the closest person on the board to me with a rig

is that the only reason?!?!?!?! jk good hearing that you made it back. you may have one of the few soobs that almost had no problems. keep in touch dude(lots and lots of yahoo IM):grin: i get my permit in like 3 weeks too so lots o wheelin:Flame: :headbang::banana:

Jeremy, great hangin out with ya, I hope yo fixed your bummed fender.

WCSS is a fun event and I hope to make it up next year. The only issue I would like to address was there was no mountain trails for a stock rig to play. I drove my stock 88 because of the 35mpg I get opposed to 18 I get with my lifted 84 GL. The trails were just a bit much for my little stocker. Maybe there were some trails I could have explored but I had no map of the property. But I always enjoy meeting fellow Subaru nuts like myself. Car show was a blast too. Thanks for all who made it happen.

Mike if it was up to me I would have awarded you Best of Show for your Brat. I was really impressed with what you have done with it. Congrats.

I also have a lifted rig so we should all get together sometime and do some 'real wheelin'. Go somewhere Dave can't reach us!! *just messin Dave* :) Dave, what do I owe you for the cargo cover?

Oh and I got the fender all fixed up. Thanks to Pick n Pull... :clap:

Jeremy

You shoulda spoke up. . . 5 miles down the road, you can go up Rock Candy Mountain and there a million miles of the roads like you wanted to see. . .

Glad you made it just the same.

Werent there State Forest Roads off the left to the main entrance of the ORV Park? I recall going up that way a little last Show there.

WCSS is a fun event and I hope to make it up next year. The only issue I would like to address was there was no mountain trails for a stock rig to play. I drove my stock 88 because of the 35mpg I get opposed to 18 I get with my lifted 84 GL. The trails were just a bit much for my little stocker. Maybe there were some trails I could have explored but I had no map of the property. But I always enjoy meeting fellow Subaru nuts like myself. Car show was a blast too. Thanks for all who made it happen.

Mike if it was up to me I would have awarded you Best of Show for your Brat. I was really impressed with what you have done with it. Congrats.

I also have a lifted rig so we should all get together sometime and do some 'real wheelin'. Go somewhere Dave can't reach us!! *just messin Dave* :) Dave, what do I owe you for the cargo cover?

Oh and I got the fender all fixed up. Thanks to Pick n Pull... :clap:

Jeremy

Jeremy, that spot where your fender got messed up was probably the biggest, trickiest obstacle we dealt with the whole time out on those trails. Sorry that had to happen to you. Guess I lucked out, no new damage to my rig, not even the exhaust was damaged this time:). Of course, my rig isn't as nice as either of your wagons, so some slight new body damage isn't a big deal to me (in fact it's expected:rolleyes:).

The rest of the trails we explored around were of similar quality to the stuff we see around Doyle or Dog Valley.

Re: Cargo cover, I'll think of some noncash barter deal that will work for both of us.

Edit/BTW: Brian, it wasn't the same without ya.