Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Performance Mods for 1st Gen Outbacks

Hey, where does one go to get Bolt-On performance mods for a 1995 - 2003 Legacy/Outback? Just simple stuff like intake, strut-brace, eurothane bushings, etc...(Header/Catback exhaust might be nice too!) :grin:

And just a HYPOTHETICAL question, but would a 95 Outback use a dry or wet Nitrous system? :Flame:

Thanks,

Fat Tony

Hi. One place I know of is renickmotorsports.com They're a Subaru dealer in Calif. that has some aftermarket stuff as well. There's other places too...

I'm not going to say whether or not it is a good idea to put nitrous on. Just make sure you know if it is legal to have the bottle installed when driving on the street and if there are any insurance implications.

I don't like the dry nitrous systems. It relies on the engine running a little rich at WOT to provide the extra gasoline required. I'd go with a wet shot and start with the smallest nitrous jet it has, which would probably be ~30hp.

You can tee in the gasoline solenoid into the hose going from the fuel filter to the fuel pipe on the engine. Fuel pressure on these at WOT should be around 40psi or a little more (you need to know the pressure to select the fuel jet).

Hi. One place I know of is renickmotorsports.com They're a Subaru dealer in Calif. that has some aftermarket stuff as well. There's other places too...

I'm not going to say whether or not it is a good idea to put nitrous on. Just make sure you know if it is legal to have the bottle installed when driving on the street and if there are any insurance implications.

I don't like the dry nitrous systems. It relies on the engine running a little rich at WOT to provide the extra gasoline required. I'd go with a wet shot and start with the smallest nitrous jet it has, which would probably be ~30hp.

You can tee in the gasoline solenoid into the hose going from the fuel filter to the fuel pipe on the engine. Fuel pressure on these at WOT should be around 40psi or a little more (you need to know the pressure to select the fuel jet).

Thanks, I'll give Renick a peek.

Yeah, I'm not looking to NOS my Soobie, but was just curious about Dry vs Wet on this platform in general.

BTW, gas milage up to 27 MPG with new Knock Sensor! +3 is good...

Fat Tony