Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Torque Bind

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 82glsw

82glsw

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Hellam PA

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

I know there are several threads about torgue bind but i could find what i was looking for. Is there any specific type of auto tranny fluid that helps better then others.

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Clean fluid. Some add Lucas LSD additive which helps depending upon the cause of the TB.

nipper

#3 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:04 PM

Yes, the LSD limited slip differential additive can be something to try, and Subaru recommended it for certain vehicles at some point if there was binding. Beyond that, a good Dexron fluid should do the job. Some synthetic multi-purpose ATF's that are also suggested for Dexron apps may be more heavily friction modified.

#4 82glsw

82glsw

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Hellam PA

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

How much additive should i add to the fluid

#5 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

follow the instructions on the bottle

#6 msmithmmx

msmithmmx

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 668 posts
  • West Grove, PA

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:33 AM

I purchased the additive from a dodge dealship. But I never used it, I had my tires rotated and balanced to fix the issue (Thanks Nipper)

#7 82glsw

82glsw

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Hellam PA

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

Has anyone ever used royal purple automatic transmisson fluid

#8 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:24 AM

The instructions on the bottle of the limited slip additive are going to be for its normal use in gear oil. I'm trying to find the TSB or wherever Subaru said to use the GM limited slip additive for binding. I haven't searched too much yet but someone on nasioc said "The info about limited-slip additive can be found in Nov. 1996 TIPS newsletter."

I haven't tried royal purple. Have tried amsoil synthetic atf and mobil1 synthetic atf and those worked fine. The generic autozone atf seemed to work fine too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users