Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recommended Tire set up for 15 inch Pugs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gyoas759

Gyoas759

Banned

• Banned
  • 177 posts
  • Berks

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

Went to the local Pick N Pull today and found a set of 15 inch rims on an old Peugeot 505. :banana: :banana: :banana:Trashwagon is soon to be getting a 3 or 4 inch lift. I'll be using it on the east coast mountains. Not much mud or crawling, just a lot of dirt trails that get nasty from time to time. Now I'm scoping out tires and wondering what sort of set up are recommended or have served you well. Right now they've got a mix of michelin and Kumho 195/70R15s on them, but they've got dry rot and will need to be upgraded soon. Any advice?

Before
Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Matt

#2 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

I assume you're referring to the '83 wagon in your profile...

I think 215/75r15 works well on a subaru. yields lots of ground clearance, without sacrificing too much gearing.

what kind of tread to get is entirely up to you. and depends on your budget, preferences, and uses. you said it'll be just trails, nothing too extreme, but how much of it's life will it spend on these trails vs the road.

if it's going to serve Daily Driver status, and you don't want to spend much at all, you can't beat the Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts from Wal-Mart. got some tread (for an A/T), real quiet on the highway, and far cheaper than anything else.

you could take a step up to BFG A/Ts. better tread, better treadlife.....higher cost.

there isn't much available for a mud tire at that size. The Super Swamper, of course. But those make crappy road tires.

you could get some SUV All-seasons (Mud and Snow tires). I've had some all seasons with better tread than any A/T I've seen, and for a decent price. and will usually yield good treadlife too.

#3 Gyoas759

Gyoas759

Banned

• Banned
  • 177 posts
  • Berks

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

Yeah. I should have specified. 1983 GL Wagon d/r a.k.a. the trashwagon as built my the one and only Miles Fox. I bought it about a month ago and am continuing it's evolution with a lift, new rims/tires and a few other toys.

#4 tsutomu

tsutomu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • CAMARILLO

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

wow that almost looks like the design that i was thinking about for my brat...Posted Image

#5 Gyoas759

Gyoas759

Banned

• Banned
  • 177 posts
  • Berks

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

wow that almost looks like the design that i was thinking about for my brat...Posted Image

Known as the trashwagon. Mine was originally designed as a replica of the first one made by Miles Fox and used in the upcoming movie. He's had like 7 or 8 subaru trash wagons over the years. All painted in pretty much the same color scheme. (http://www.economysuperstar.com/milesfox/subaru/mysubaru.htm)I bought this one from him about a month ago and have been repairing and upgrading it.

Don't think there's ever been a trashwagon Brat before. Neat!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users