Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recommended Tire set up for 15 inch Pugs?

Gyoas759

Went to the local Pick N Pull today and found a set of 15 inch rims on an old Peugeot 505. :banana: :banana: :banana:Trashwagon is soon to be getting a 3 or 4 inch lift. I'll be using it on the east coast mountains. Not much mud or crawling, just a lot of dirt trails that get nasty from time to time. Now I'm scoping out tires and wondering what sort of set up are recommended or have served you well. Right now they've got a mix of michelin and Kumho 195/70R15s on them, but they've got dry rot and will need to be upgraded soon. Any advice?

Before

02.jpg

After

03.jpg

Matt

I assume you're referring to the '83 wagon in your profile...

I think 215/75r15 works well on a subaru. yields lots of ground clearance, without sacrificing too much gearing.

what kind of tread to get is entirely up to you. and depends on your budget, preferences, and uses. you said it'll be just trails, nothing too extreme, but how much of it's life will it spend on these trails vs the road.

if it's going to serve Daily Driver status, and you don't want to spend much at all, you can't beat the Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts from Wal-Mart. got some tread (for an A/T), real quiet on the highway, and far cheaper than anything else.

you could take a step up to BFG A/Ts. better tread, better treadlife.....higher cost.

there isn't much available for a mud tire at that size. The Super Swamper, of course. But those make crappy road tires.

you could get some SUV All-seasons (Mud and Snow tires). I've had some all seasons with better tread than any A/T I've seen, and for a decent price. and will usually yield good treadlife too.

Yeah. I should have specified. 1983 GL Wagon d/r a.k.a. the trashwagon as built my the one and only Miles Fox. I bought it about a month ago and am continuing it's evolution with a lift, new rims/tires and a few other toys.

wow that almost looks like the design that i was thinking about for my brat...l_8e652a5940d20167e2d1654b2f1b1db3.jpg

Known as the trashwagon. Mine was originally designed as a replica of the first one made by Miles Fox and used in the upcoming movie. He's had like 7 or 8 subaru trash wagons over the years. All painted in pretty much the same color scheme. (http://www.economysuperstar.com/milesfox/subaru/mysubaru.htm)I bought this one from him about a month ago and have been repairing and upgrading it.

Don't think there's ever been a trashwagon Brat before. Neat!:)