Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need some ideas for next offroad project!

Hey everyone, I've been gone for awhile .I thought I could kick the subie addiction ..... Sold most of my rigs. As I drove the last one into the shop to sell the motor......the bug bit me agian!! I see that a lot of lifted gen 1 are in the works or completed, so let's see some pics.

I'm wanting a trail rig that's capable of most terrain, not as over board as my big blue '79 brat. My next project will be ?????

Holy cows! I though you were dead! I almost looked you up a week or two ago on my way to Spokane.

How about another hatch? Maybe an Impreza or Legacy with a t-case? Or a tube frame rig? Loyales are cheap, light, and roomy - drop in an EJ and a t-case. Move the front end forward a bit, and the rear back 6 inches or so (SAS like Scott's?).

I was :) !! Haven't been around much since wcss6. It feels good to be back! I have been planning a tube build with motor mid engine sideways and lots of flex, But for know I want a trail rig I can drive on the roads. My neighbor has a hatch and a few others around have subs , So we are planning to hit some trails .

T-case ... who thought up that crazy idea ?

I like the look of gen 1 stuff lifted, plus I like being different than most.I also like this new trend of chopping the body up and altering wheelbase. Wait that's not new (unhatched)(big blue)!