Ultimate Subaru Message Board

That's peculiar

Just for sh!ts and giggles, I checked the value of my car on KBB. I have a 1989 GL Touring Wagon, 4wd with pw, pl, cc, tilt, 3spd auto and only 60k on it. I would rate it as "good" condition. I came up with a private party value of $2080.00 (@2365.00 if excelent condition) but when I checked a "regular GL 4wd with the same extras and mileage, it gave me $2155.00 ($2465.00 if excellent condition). Now, I guess my question would be, why is the "regular" GL worth more then the Touring Wagon? I though the TW was a cost option and would therefor be worth more now. S'up wit dat?

Bring that sucker down and park it next to my touring wagon.Maybe they'll make little Hatchbacks with raised roofs.

Holiday party in Milford,CT on the 27th or 28th this month.The holiday extraveganza...or some b/s like that.Good to see more New Englanders here.

Mine is a GL touring with just about 200k,should turn the magic # this week.Don't break that rear glass!!They're a bitch to find.

Enjoy! :drunk:

These web sites have no connection to the real market, I never use them, aside from maybe comparing relative value of one vehicle to another.

The market is so different regionally as to make these estimates worthless. Here in Virginia, we have a wholly different market than say NY or Cali.

My 92 Loyale has a newer engine, with 95K miles, an almost new tranny with maybe 25K miles, 185K on the rest of it, minus some replacements here and there, and the market value is probably $500, realistically, if I tried to sell it. To me, it is worth at least $1500.

Hey moosens, what part of Connecticut are you in? I live over in S.E. Mass (right outside Providence) so it's not too far...

Anyway, I have not been able to find a T.W. in any yards around here so I would have to go and get the rear glass new. I'm sure it's not cheap. Do you know of any differance between the T.W. and a "regular" wagon, besides the roof (and glass and smaller rack).

Hopefully we'll be able to get 200k out of ours. My wife drives it and she doesn't drive much so I'm pretty sure it'll rust out before we get there... Right now, it's only got 2 small(ish) spots of surface rust. One on the hood near the winshield and a second on the gas flap. Both of these are easily replaced whole :)