Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project: RAMROD (wrx TDO4L Port and Polish) !Dialup!WARNING!

Ok so, my mini project has nothing at all to do with ramrod, but I figured it would get your attention.

I am In the process of making my subaru get out of its own way, by that I mean fixing the exhaust leaks, and possibly porting out my exhaust housing... IF I CAN GET THE THING APART!!(has anyone had trouble with this?) Ive brought Pics Oh yeah, that Blue car that you can see in the backround, umm.... thats nothing at all........ ;)

PICT0006.jpg Whats that Lurking about?????

PICT0001.jpgHeres the damage.... I hope I can remember where everything went.....

Heres my massive Beast!

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

Ok, I guess I'll post pics of the blue car also, but can anyone guess what year it is??? and what model it is, and Impreza doesnt count!!!

So... let me know what you think,

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Does anyone know a good place to get my td04L exhaust gaskets, the guy at autozone didnt even know what a WRX was so... what rock has he been under

Sorry that the photos are so huge!!! I hate resizing pictures so I am just using my photobucket account

PICT0001a.jpg

Yeah if you have been in the subaru world for more than 5 minutes and you dont know what that is..... well then... look it up. :confused:

I just realized that my potato gun is just sitting there behind my intercooler, cool I found it!

Brief Pic Subject change:PICT0004a.jpg Oh yeah the NPR is strutting its stuff........

PICT0024.jpg

So heres what I want to port out, Right close to the wastegate, so it doesnt creep as bad as it did before.

I cant get this damn thing to separate PLEASE HELP ME ive broken 2 screw drivers and I am getting angry, It has been getting soaked with Rost off ICE and PB and I really want to check everything out in it, I have dealt with turbos before, Only they were much bigger, (t3/t04s) and have never had a problem with separation, I know to be very gentile with the impellers but I really want to use a sledge on this thing...

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

NO I DONT LOOK LIKE THIS NORMALLY!

PICT0029.jpg thats me wanting to smash this thing

PICT0030.jpg

This is me and my savior up to this point

So heres my Piping setup as of now, I dont like the WRX downpipe to much but, its what I have to live with and I dont have a 240volt line setup to use my borrowed welder so, I am stuck at this time,

PICT0005.jpg

Oh and this is a really cool flash effect of my really super small compressor housing PICT0012.jpg

More to come, as I progress, is anyone going to comment???? Oh my header gaskets will be atleast 1 week so, the blueroo is going to be decomisioned for a bit.... ohwell

.........I know to be very gentile with the impellers but I really want to use a sledge on this thing...

Theres your problem, right there!!! you need to be HEBRAIC when working on turbochargers, not Gentile!!!! Have your screwdrivers been certified Kosher? Do you have your Kashrut Certificate in your garage????

:lol:

Sorry, just a little nerd humor.

(gentile means non-jewish, hebraic means jewish)

WE HAVE A WINNNER, It is a 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS-T and heres the picutures of it after it got washed, Sorry no engine pictures... YET!

Thanks for the link!

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

I just went for a ride and its very very quick, and will be quicker as time progresses, but enough of that heap of garbage :rolleyes: Back to my piece!

I am having severe difficulty in separating my exhaust housing!!!!!! Why wont this thing come off, my piddly little turbo wont separate for me this is retarded.

I have beat it with a rubber mallet (within reason it is delicate) and doused it with freeze off and PB and it wont come apart!!

Now that I have dumped lots of crap into it, I need it to come apart because I need to inspect it, to make sure that it is allright, I do not want to spend all of this time and money on my car and put it back together only to find that my turbine spools like poop!

Anyone know a good deal on a rebuild kit for one of these??? and anyone want to get me a new GT28-R PLEASE ANYONE!!!! oh okay

Well... Okay I guess you can Have a lookie at the ej257

P5260227.jpg

anyone want to help me take my engine out and swap it with this in under 4 hours at night??? and you have to be super quiet and beable to disable a very good alarmsystem...

I meant to tell you before, try picking up a can of seam foam deep creep.

I know that Rost-Off is usually some REALLY good stuff, but I haven't used it very much myself...

I DO know that sea foam deep creep makes PB Blaster look like Liquid Wrench.

Well... Okay I guess you can Have a lookie at the ej257

P5260227.jpg

anyone want to help me take my engine out and swap it with this in under 4 hours at night??? and you have to be super quiet and beable to disable a very good alarmsystem...

Id be careful if I were you...I heard the guy that owns that thing is ex-Navy seal or something.

DevilMerkel.jpg

I should be getting my new turbo this week...Howabout putting my Garrett t04s on there...Giddy Up

turbowithceramic001.jpg

Yeah Right, I thought that you would come here if I told you I posted your car!!! im waiting to get a picture of your tiny turbo!

EDIT:

Yeah whatever that thing is tiny compared to my beast!!! EVERYONE he and I will have to have a dragrace!!! I WILL COME OUT ON TOP!!! buy your tickets now, its not that how down here....

You mean this turbo...

DCP_2467.jpg

DCP_2470.jpg

DCP_2472.jpg

I bought this thing so I could finally be faster than your gl10. Get that hunk of trash running and we will have to go to speedworld for some Subaru destruction.

(t04s compressor housing machined to use t67 compressor wheel. Innovative turbo systems dual ceramic ball bearing center section, stage 5 t350 turbine wheel. dual scroll turbine housing.cant remember ar size.)

:Flame: beataru

Theres your problem, right there!!! you need to be HEBRAIC when working on turbochargers, not Gentile!!!! Have your screwdrivers been certified Kosher? Do you have your Kashrut Certificate in your garage????

:lol:

Sorry, just a little nerd humor.

(gentile means non-jewish, hebraic means jewish)

Beat me to it!

Great minds think alike

Have you tried taking the nut off the inlet side wheel. The one that holds the impeller shaft together... I just noticed it was still there in your pics...

I havent had one of these apart but on Garrett turbos you can remove the compressor and turbine housing without taking the shaft apart...is the wrx turbo differant? I wouldnt take that nut off without marking locations for balance.