Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UN-official Alcyone Dragon Meet Alternate Thread.

I figure since XT6.net is down we needed a place to post up our Dragon plans.

Personally I work 3rd shift, so I'll be leaving here around 2pm. That'll put me at the crossroads of time around 3:30-4pm.

I'll be bringing my lappy & my digital video camera to make a cool video. I didn't think I'd be able to stay all weekend, but it looks like I'll be there for everything.

Can anyone post up the itinerary that was on XT6.net? I have something I'd like to work into it, for the video.

EDIT: I'll be selling the videos, but not making a profit on them... think around $1ea.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My plans are basically...leave sometime Thursday..the earlier the better..but still need to work some plans out with my travel partners ( Melis and Dave )..so it may be alittle later Thursday...just have to be at the courthouse before 5 on Friday to pick up the licence...Thats all I know for now..going to wing it from there.

And I got the direct orders from Daddy that Rocky has to come...we must not anger Daddy:-p ;)

We'll be leaving Wed. night from Tex/mex ville. Staying by Houston late late wed. night, then staying in Birmingham, AL Thurs night.

Should roll into Fontana in the early afternoon on Friday. Sadly without the XT kit ready, nor the Spoiler for Rocky. Just ran out of time....:confused::dead: :dead:

We'll be leaving Wed. night from Tex/mex ville. Staying by Houston late late wed. night, then staying in Birmingham, AL Thurs night.

Should roll into Fontana in the early afternoon on Friday. Sadly without the XT kit ready, nor the Spoiler for Rocky. Just ran out of time....:confused::dead: :dead:

is that my kit your talking about??? :eek: thats actually kind of good as money is a bit tight rite now. im not working since i messed up my knee, and was really robbing peter to pay paul... uh steve... for the kit. ill have to wait till theyre ready. anyhow, prob not bringing the xt cuz i cant drive it, and depending on when/what i hear from the doc about my mri results will determine if i can even still go. (god forbid i need surgery on it) anyways, if i do go, ill head out thursday night late and get there friday morning or early afternoon if all goes well.

connie, worst case if i cant go, you guys can take my reservation for the campsite and just pay for the other nites that youll be there. (the first nites on me :) as i already gave them a deposit.) but thats worst case scenario im always a pessimist. will keep yall posted as i find out. on here and or on xt6.net when that comes back online.

I may be in a tent also. Funds are drying up do to other circumstances (son going to Atlanta, church camp, etc) So staying in a room with Mike might be out for me.

I got Rocky's parts loaded in the XT, plus the wing and rear bumper valance, what a pita:rolleyes:

I may have room for a paddle tho;) You girls better behave yourselfs:Flame:

Man... well if anyone needs a room let me know as being a full time student doesn't make me exactly the richest guy in the world. As of this moment Jeff plans to stay on the floor so it would only cost you $60 for both nights in a comfy full-size Fontana Village bed. ;)

And my name ain't Mike dammit... :-p

Man... well if anyone needs a room let me know as being a full time student doesn't make me exactly the richest guy in the world. As of this moment Jeff plans to stay on the floor so it would only cost you $60 for both nights in a comfy full-size Fontana Village bed. ;)

And my name ain't Mike dammit... :-p

Sorry:rolleyes: At my age the memory is shot and I dont have xt6.net to look up stuff:-p

Sorry about the room too, I was looking forward to a bed after driving 2660mi:-\

Where are we meeting again:confused:

Just made my reservation (a bit late, I know!) with Fontana Village. Our plan A was to camp, but they are all out of sites. So, we're got a dogwood cabin booked.

Our caravan will be leaving from Gainesville Friday morning, Austin in his XT6 and me in my 240SX. Can't wait to see you guys there! We've got at least 6, maybe 8 people coming.

Did y'all realize that...shortly after 10 am Sat..my last name is going to be Dragone?? LMAO..how ironic huh?

Took you long enough...got the engagement card when...couple years ago:grin:

Thinking back...you were bishing about being all alone and never finding the "1"...boy, you should stop listening to yourself:lol:

Love ya my sista

yea yea yea:rolleyes: .. I keep trying to make him go away but he wont go...Dont have a clue as to why he stays..but he does.

On another note..i just drained Rocks cooling system ( was running straight water since his little blow out..flushed it with the hose..added one can and a quarter ( of an old can) of waterwetter..and 50/50...burped him took him for a spin..seems happily cool with his new Tstat and all. But I sware he was laughing at me...I could tell..cause everytime I would try to reach under to put the drain plug back in ..he would drip ..in my eye..on my face..in my mouth..Little bas$#%d car!

Starting to pack him up..right after I call in the chinese food order

Heh.....you will be oficially known after that as the DRAGON LADY:grin: :headbang:

Rob..you know I have a tattoo of a dragon on my ankle right?? and a chinese pheonix rooster on my other one...and a rose vine on my forearm...and my nose pierced right? ( dont want to suprise you like a certain someone did ..we talked about yesterday:) )

We'll be leaving from Somerset, sometime Friday morning.

As of right now, we will have the following in our little caravan...

1) Alex (and Sommer)in his new 4.44 SVX

2) Carol (And Kelly) in my Yellow SVX (RWD 5-Speed)

3) Huck (and Jessica) in FrankenWedge

Jim, I don't think Alex has a room yet, so if no one else can swing it, he'll probably be game.....and let me know if you'll be trying to meet up with us, for the drive down.

We'd like to get there early afternoon.

Gave FrankenWedge a bath tonight, and will wash the SVX tomorrow.

Got some of the stuff packed up....

I can hardly wait to see everyone again, and meet some new faces....the Dragon Meet is always the highlight of my year.:banana:

Don't forget to bring FRS radio's if you have them, I think we'll be running channel 16 this year.

See everyone there....drive safe. :)

Huck

Creator of FrankenWedge

yea yea yea:rolleyes: .. I keep trying to make him go away but he wont go...Dont have a clue as to why he stays..but he does.

On another note..i just drained Rocks cooling system ( was running straight water since his little blow out..flushed it with the hose..added one can and a quarter ( of an old can) of waterwetter..and 50/50...burped him took him for a spin..seems happily cool with his new Tstat and all. But I sware he was laughing at me...I could tell..cause everytime I would try to reach under to put the drain plug back in ..he would drip ..in my eye..on my face..in my mouth..Little bas$#%d car!

Starting to pack him up..right after I call in the chinese food order

Good sex?:-p

Hey, it worked on me:rolleyes:

Rob..you know I have a tattoo of a dragon on my ankle right?? and a chinese pheonix rooster on my other one...and a rose vine on my forearm...and my nose pierced right? ( dont want to suprise you like a certain someone did ..we talked about yesterday:) )

After all I've seen in this world, theres not much that surprises me anymore;)

I pulled the engine in the SVX this morning and got it into my basement. I'll be going down in a few minutes to start to pull everything off to get ready for Ed to come and help do the head gaskets tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow night, I'll be putting everything back together. Thursday morning I'll finish the re-install and hopefully everything works :rolleyes:

If so then I guess sometime on Thursday we'll be heading south...

yea yea yea:rolleyes: .. I keep trying to make him go away but he wont go...Dont have a clue as to why he stays..but he does....

Haha maybe it's the predictability. Like he says as soon as he comes home he knows what mood you are in by the position of the vehicle(s). What man wouldn't like to be able to read his woman like that? It could also be that you let him walk outside in just his skins:lol:

I pulled the engine in the SVX this morning and got it into my basement. I'll be going down in a few minutes to start to pull everything off to get ready for Ed to come and help do the head gaskets tomorrow afternoon....

Thinking maybe I'll go in to work in an hour or so (come and go as I please) do what needs done, then take tomorrow off. Need help in the am?

Smiles,

Melis

That's GUTSY Hocrest!!

I'm still in search of the itinerary. I'd like to find a piece of 4 lane for some "drive by" shots. I just dunno if the schedule will allow for it. These will give each owner a chance to "show off" thier car's sound & power. If I can't get a stetch of 4lane, I'll just post myself somewhere & get them the hard way....from the side of the road.

I pulled the engine in the SVX this morning and got it into my basement. I'll be going down in a few minutes to start to pull everything off to get ready for Ed to come and help do the head gaskets tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow night, I'll be putting everything back together. Thursday morning I'll finish the re-install and hopefully everything works :rolleyes:

If so then I guess sometime on Thursday we'll be heading south...

What time and where do you want us to meet up with you?.I dont want to travel alone and I dont want you guys to travel alone with all our cars have been through. Just have to be at the courthouse down there well before 5 on Friday