Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UN-official Alcyone Dragon Meet Alternate Thread.

That's GUTSY Hocrest!!

I'm still in search of the itinerary. I'd like to find a piece of 4 lane for some "drive by" shots. I just dunno if the schedule will allow for it. These will give each owner a chance to "show off" thier car's sound & power. If I can't get a stetch of 4lane, I'll just post myself somewhere & get them the hard way....from the side of the road.

When we go into Robinsville, we can get some "road shots" Christian got some last year (but he never posted them for us:rolleyes: ....)

anyway...we can make it happen....

I think we were going to do a Cherahola <sp?> and Dragon run after lunch on Sat...so that should be around 2:00....Nick has the itenerary....but I haven't seen him post on here....

Huck

Creator of FrankenWedge

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving sometime early morning. I have about a 40hr trip ahead of me, so theres going to be a few pit stops. I'm shooting for WY for my first stop, hopefully it will be cooler in Sheridan to catch a nap. Then its off to Sioux Falls and Chef Tims. From there its 18.5hrs south, so I will probably need another nap in between there and Fontana Villliage. I should be rolling in about Fri late morning.....I hope. If I have time, I might give John in KY a call and get him to come, if'n I twist his arm enough:-p

:mad: :mad: :mad::Flame: :Flame: :Flame: :Flame:

Great, just great:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just spent about 10 hours replacing the boots on the CV axle, and now I just went on a test drive and the outer joint is broken. I guess no Alcyone for me this Dragon, have to bring the RS

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OH well..better here than in the middle of BFE for it to break....I'm still going anyway...

WTB for Dragon pickup, one AWD SVX front CV axle!

I'm leaving sometime early morning. I have about a 40hr trip ahead of me, so theres going to be a few pit stops. I'm shooting for WY for my first stop, hopefully it will be cooler in Sheridan to catch a nap. Then its off to Sioux Falls and Chef Tims. From there its 18.5hrs south, so I will probably need another nap in between there and Fontana Villliage. I should be rolling in about Fri late morning.....I hope. If I have time, I might give John in KY a call and get him to come, if'n I twist his arm enough:-p

Just keep us updated on your trek..you have the numbers..let us know how you are making out

:mad: :mad: :Flame: :Flame: :Flame::mad::Flame:

Great, just great:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just spent about 10 hours replacing the boots on the CV axle, and now I just went on a test drive and the outer joint is broken. I guess no Alcyone for me this Dragon, have to bring the RS

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OH well..better here than in the middle of BFE for it to break....I'm still going anyway...

WTB for Dragon pickup, one AWD SVX front CV axle!

Who replaces boots :rolleyes::-p:lol:

FWIW, they're the same as 90-99 FWD and AWD Legacy's and AWD Impreza's. I'm running a SVX axle in my Legacy right now.

Who replaces boots :rolleyes::-p:lol:

FWIW, they're the same as 90-99 FWD and AWD Legacy's and AWD Impreza's. I'm running a SVX axle in my Legacy right now.

That's what I was thinking....

All 4 axles on FrankenWedge have split boots currently....but I'm driving it anyway:eek:

And Steve, I've got that 15" spare, I'll have it with me for you.

Huck

Who would be up for taking the "back way" to I-81 on sunday afternoon/evening?

I'd be up to show off my neighborhood & some REALLY fun 2 lane blacktop. We'd end up about 70mi east of Knoxville & maybe 30mi west of I-26. A little out of the way for some, and maybe a shortcut for others.

All told, from Fontana to I-81 it'll be about 3-3.5hrs. Mind you, when I say back way, once we get into my home county, I MEAN back way. It's all well paved 2.lane roads, but not on any atlas maps!

Well, the boot just recently broke and wasn't making any noise, so toopid me figured I could save it. Then there was the big problem with the rollpin getting stuck because my punch went into the middle of the pin and broke off, so that was about 90% of the time there trying to beat that out of the thing :mad:

Oh well anyway...only 11 hours until I leave so I don't care, and of course here in north Mexico there are no axles available, so the RS is the only option, oh well...

That's what I was thinking....

All 4 axles on FrankenWedge have split boots currently....but I'm driving it anyway:eek:

And Steve, I've got that 15" spare, I'll have it with me for you.

Huck

Well, the boot just recently broke and wasn't making any noise, so toopid me figured I could save it. Then there was the big problem with the rollpin getting stuck because my punch went into the middle of the pin and broke off, so that was about 90% of the time there trying to beat that out of the thing :mad:

Oh well anyway...only 11 hours until I leave so I don't care, and of course here in north Mexico there are no axles available, so the RS is the only option, oh well...

You could pull an axle out of the RS to install in the SVX, just bring the bad axle with you, so you can use it as a core up here somewhere to pick up a new axle.

You could pull an axle out of the RS to install in the SVX, just bring the bad axle with you, so you can use it as a core up here somewhere to pick up a new axle.

Or heck, just drive it with the bad boot, if it gets bad, we can always change it out at the meet.

Andrew (WagonsOnly) and I should be headed out the door shortly. Stop at Micky D's then for coffee and its the Dragon or bust!:headbang:

He is going to head south when we reach Sheridan, WY to go to Denver airport to pic up his Sis. She is going to make the trip back with him, see the country, etc.

See you all sometime Fri:burnout:

Andrew (WagonsOnly) and I should be headed out the door shortly. Stop at Micky D's then for coffee and its the Dragon or bust!:headbang:

He is going to head south when we reach Sheridan, WY to go to Denver airport to pic up his Sis. She is going to make the trip back with him, see the country, etc.

See you all sometime Fri:burnout:

good luck rob i'm leaving here as we speak in ther next hr good luck evrey one

I would, but the outer joint is gone. It broke on the test drive last night. Better there than in the boonies I guess, but still is not cool...

8 hours to go until departure :headbang: even if it is in the RS

Or heck, just drive it with the bad boot, if it gets bad, we can always change it out at the meet.

I replaced the brake fluid in Ruby Sue last night and replaced one of the u-joints; didn't have time to do the second one. It turns out "non-servicable" really means "pain in the a** to service." It took about two hours to swap out the one. I really wish I found a new(er) pitch stop mount for the rear diff before I took off... the one on the car is pretty much devoid of any rubber anymore and makes a nice "clunk" under hard acceleration every time I shift gears. :rolleyes: Ah well, maybe Evolved will have my fenders ready to ship out and he can include a pitch stop in the box by the time I get back from the trip.

I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon and hope to arrive at Fontana just after noon on Friday, possibly with Huck's caravan. This trip has been a long time coming, hasn't it? :headbang:

I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon and hope to arrive at Fontana just after noon on Friday, possibly with Huck's caravan. This trip has been a long time coming, hasn't it? :headbang:

That it has...it being later in the year has made it seem like such a long time since last years meet.....but thankfull it is nearly here:headbang: :clap::headbang:

Got a text message from Rob..he left around 11 ( our time here East Coast) about an hour later got another text saying that his air suspension went bad but he was still coming..bout a half hour after got yet a third saying he has the suspension working again.

We are going to head down to daves housen tomorrow morning ..plan to be there early afternoon..so we can do a once again over Rocky ( if he makes it that far) and help get Princess buttoned up and done..should be there late morning early afternoon friday

OH ..I got a friend who happens to be a dog groomer/boarder to watch my dog...so one less thing to worry about ( cept for paying the bill LOL) Morgan is going to be playing with Kera and Tank for the weekend ( she likes those 2)

Thanks to Ed, I got the Head gaskets changed in Princess's engine today. I just finished up, reinstalling everything that mounts to the block and heads.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be dropping the lump back into Princess and then after a proper warm up, beat the snot out of her to see if she's worthy to make the trip to Fontana...

Planning on leaving here around 10:30 to head to Daves ( get there around 1:30-2 ish..) go over the cars Then head out. Just hope Rock wants to at least make it to dDaves without any issues ( he hasnt been on a long run since his incident)

Planning on leaving here around 10:30 to head to Daves ( get there around 1:30-2 ish..) go over the cars Then head out. Just hope Rock wants to at least make it to dDaves without any issues ( he hasnt been on a long run since his incident)

Rocky will be fine Connie...I have faith in him too:cool:

See ya tomorrow!!!:headbang: