Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just bought an ej205

seanski06

anyone around northeast pa ever swap one into an L before?

im planning on doing alot of research before i start anything, but i could use alot of help with the wiring...and just any other kind of common sense knowledge

this was kinda spontaneous, i've never really looked into wrx engines before

thanks

-sean

Is this going into your Impreza you've got under vehicles?

See you might be confusing people by just calling it an L because thats the official Subaru series identification for the ea82 cars.

I hope you got the wiring with it, or plan of doing a full standalone engine management system. The ej22 trans will hold up to the power level at stock pretty well as long as you don't abuse the snot out of it. But your main worries will be wiring, engine crossmember(you'll need one with the scallop for the up pipe), and exhaust.

yea, its going into my 96 L....i've recently put in a 4.11 rs tranny

it does come with the wiring harness, and i know where i can get a turbo legacy front x-member and swaybar....i just need to swap out my brakes for rs front's and disc rears

plus gotta find a beater car to drive while this thing is being tortured

Sounds like you've got a game plan. Thats always the best place to start. I would highly recommend getting the FSM for your car, and for the year wrx that the motor came from. That will make the wiring go smother, once you learn to read it.

Sounds like you've got a game plan. Thats always the best place to start. I would highly recommend getting the FSM for your car, and for the year wrx that the motor came from. That will make the wiring go smother, once you learn to read it.

lol, i actually just bought the cd off ebay like 2 minutes before checking this post