Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Body Lift Kit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Imnmbr1

Imnmbr1

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 02 December 2003 - 09:42 PM

I have a '96 Legacy L wagon and I want to install a 2"-4" body lift kit on it. Does anyone know where (besides Scorpion) I can get one? I'm only looking to spend $200-$400 max.

Thanks,

Rich

#2 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 02 December 2003 - 09:44 PM

Check Ozzified. He was supposed to be coming out with one for a Legacy soon. It may be out by now, and his are within your price range.

#3 P K

P K

Devil Dog Liaison

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Omicron Persei Diego

Posted 02 December 2003 - 10:36 PM

Yep. I will finish the Legacy lift now since I blew up mine and its in the garage for a bit. I will lift it before replacing motor.

The BYB lift works now, but doesn't allow for larger tires without changing the struts. ( the stock coils are over the tire and prevent from using tires that are more than 1/2 inch taller than stock.) Same for the Scorpion. I am working that solution again and will create a dune-worthy Legacy after the new year. Old Legacys have tires 185x70-14 (about 24.2"). I will use 27-28" tires after the lift. New Legacys have tires 205x65-16 (about 26.5") Hopefully, they should be able to run 28" +/=.

Unfortunately, after the new year.

Meantime, Happy Holidays :wave:

#4 Imnmbr1

Imnmbr1

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 02 December 2003 - 11:01 PM

I can wait. I've been waiting for a couple of years, a few more months won't matter. My tires are currently 23" and I'm thinking about switching to a 15" alloy rim and somewhere around a 27" tire. Thanks for replying. I think I sent you an email through your website yesterday. Sorry to hear about your motor. :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users