Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbones Trip to the East Coast Update

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a couple of teaser pics, got lots more I still need to get on my puter.

A cool pic I took as the sun was coming up in the East behind me.

DSC00128.JPG

WOW!! Its so ...Flat there..where was that?? ( I am used to this small mountainy stuff like around the Dragon)

It's funny to see guard rails without anything like drop offs behind them (I guess cows can be deadly)

Glad you had no major troubles. Connie called about the critter and we all were quite worried about you. Definately plans are in the works for the East to meet the West.

I hate driving thru these areas at night, you never know whats going to jump out in front of you.

This is a peice of the tumbleweed that scared the crap out of me. This was after hitting the coon.

tumbleweed.jpg

I stopped 4 or 5 times during the night to take quick naps. By Tues morning I hit Billings, MT and got some breakfast and a MOCHA:banana:

I drove all the way past Spokane before I had to take another nap. Rolled into the driveway at 6:30PM.

Glad you had no major troubles. Connie called about the critter and we all were quite worried about you. Definately plans are in the works for the East to meet the West.

I kept leaving "Where's Waldo?" messages along the way. Thanks again for keeping a watchful eye on Rob. We were worried about the cross-country trek knowing how hard headed he can be.

Keep us informed on the plans. We'll help put something together for you.

Rob's awesome. Connie kept us all informed on his where abouts and happenings (didn't want to over text the poor gent) so glad he made it home safe now he's just gotta catch up on his sleep and get that bug crap off his baby:grin:

We'll let you know when we will be heading yor way. Can't wait, between the conversations with some of you and the Zap movies always being watched I'm stoked.

Hard headed? Thats saved my arse more times than I can count:headbang:

I've traveled in foriegn countries by myself before, I think I can handle a 6Kmi cross country trip:-p

It's always a learning experiance tho. With someone with me next time, they better help keep me awake:rolleyes:

Whoever/whenever makes the trip over here is going to be in for a real treat;)

Actually, the texting kept my brain going. A little distracting but hey, not to many other cars on the road at that time either.

I almost stopped at a store in town here today. Bunch of High School kids doing a car wash, but I didnt have any cash on me at the time. Hopefully they will be around tomorrow so I can get the bug guts off the car, its nasty.

That's one heck of a trek though. I drove from detroit to jackson, mt by myself in thirty something hours with a big camper on my truck and didn't freak out until wyoming. Gotta love south dakota though, it's like the blair witch project to drive through. Hours and hours and hours of the same scenery......

congrats to Connie and Tommy, I just had my 4th anniversery on Tuesday. Got married in my backyard, blah.....:banana:

-Doug

I think my longest solo drive was from Carlisle PA to Smackover Arkansas ( yes it is a real town and it is on the map..Southern Ark close to El Dorado) in my beat up 82 Toyota Truck..had my camper topper on it and my dirt bike hidden underneith.Truck was so beat it wouldnt pull the mountains..had to turn the OD off and you would still only be doing 30 by the top ..yes it was an AT..needless to say..the truck never made it back..broken crank..spent 2 days in a motel off exit 168 in Va ( Rt81) The trip took me something like 24 hours down..the next time I went..I flew:)

Speaking of towns with funny names.... I was traveling thru Kentucky (I think) and saw a sign for "Bucksnort". After I was done LMAO, I got the camera out to take a pic of the offramp sign but half of it was covered by a tree. I almost turned around to go by it again:rolleyes:

In Indiana, about an hour and a half from the SOA plant. There is a town called Sample. The welcome sign says "You're In Sample"... Say it fast and what do you get.

Here in southwest VA, there is a place called Smackass Branch. It is one of the most redneck places in our area.

You know ..after looking at all the pictures..I now remember why I usually avoid a camera like the plaque...Since quitting smoking and drinking...I am embarrassed by being the hippo that I am.. Actually..I am quite embarrassed and would like everyone to burn thier pics...OK now back to the corner to cry

You know ..after looking at all the pictures..I now remember why I usually avoid a camera like the plaque...Since quitting smoking and drinking...I am embarrassed by being the hippo that I am.. Actually..I am quite embarrassed and would like everyone to burn thier pics...OK now back to the corner to cry

Enough of that. You are great person. And you should be proud of what you've accomplished by making yourself healthier. You've got a husband who loves you, and numerous friends here. What do you have to be sad about.

DITTO^^^

If your that worried about it, do something. You said you have all kinds of equipment in the basement, use it! Change your diet, eat less. I dropped almost 15lbs in 6mo and I'm feeling much better. Just need to get a little more muscle tone back and then I'll be ready for the dating scene, haha:rolleyes:

being an overweight person myself, i understand how you feel Connie. i hate having my pic taken as well. you did yourself ALOT bigger of a favor by quitting the cigs and drinks. i`m having a hard time trying to go onto a diet (nutrisystem), because i love food and they give pigeon meals. at 270, that ain`t cuttin it for me:dead: .

its all good tho, all the FUNNY comedians and celebs are or were overweight:banana: :headbang: Chris Farley, John Candy, Drew Carey, ect ect

Rock on Connie:burnout: your still cool in my book

being an overweight person myself, i understand how you feel Connie. i hate having my pic taken as well. you did yourself ALOT bigger of a favor by quitting the cigs and drinks. i`m having a hard time trying to go onto a diet (nutrisystem), because i love food and they give pigeon meals. at 270, that ain`t cuttin it for me:dead: .

its all good tho, all the FUNNY comedians and celebs are or were overweight:banana: :headbang: Chris Farley, John Candy, Drew Carey, ect ect

Rock on Connie:burnout: your still cool in my book

Its not food thats my problem...I actually dont eat very much at all...its a combination of stress and boredom...I need LOTs of activities and CT is so boring.. I guess what hurts the most is I once lost well over 110 lbs..gained some but not all back from not being able to ride my dirt bike all the time..plus I dont work at the MX park..just nothing to do in CT

Hey Rob. Ya think the engine's broke in now? ;):grin:

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

What he said^^^

(I just love it when other people answer questions for me:rolleyes: )

The RX isnt even to the 1K mark yet:-\

But I'm working on it. Now that I'm back I've been driving it daily. It was veeerrrry nice to get into something with a little more HP:-p

Its not food thats my problem...I actually dont eat very much at all...its a combination of stress and boredom...I need LOTs of activities and CT is so boring.. I guess what hurts the most is I once lost well over 110 lbs..gained some but not all back from not being able to ride my dirt bike all the time..plus I dont work at the MX park..just nothing to do in CT

No way! You chose to live up in the sticks..... :-p Too much to do down here. Besides,I hunted and hiked that corner of the state. There's plenty of trails to hike.

No way! You chose to live up in the sticks..... :-p Too much to do down here. Besides,I hunted and hiked that corner of the state. There's plenty of trails to hike.

You know I hear this all the time from CT people..some of us arent into the hiking fishing thing..I used to come home from work..get my bike outta the basement ..warm it up while I put my gear on ..and go up in the woods for a hour or so...every day..I have 400 acres of trails right across the street from my house..then on weekends my friends would stop by with the trailer and we would load the bikes and quads up and off to Tower City Trail Riders for the weekend...then every other Sunday..I worked at Sleepy Hollow MX park in PA as head track official and first turn flagger.In the winter it was snow mobiling.. CT is boring for those who arent tree huggers or museum-a-holics..Thomaston Dam is a joke and the closest MX park to work at is in Walden( not worth the drive out for the little pay). When I say I need high energy stuff to do..I am talking about Xtreme sports energy. And I dont want to drive for hours just to get to any.