Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Platinum Bosch 2&4 electrode Spark Plugs

jueledwards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had bosch plugs in my EA81.. Looked fine after a year and when I put NGK in there wasn't any noticeable difference. Even the Nippondenso's were the same.. Although if you have all had bad experiences with bosch then I'll believe you. Just as long as you aren't talking about someone elses bad experience...

There's a HUGE difference between the various types of Bosch spark plugs.

The Bosch platinums (all-white center electrode) in the single ground electrode, dual ground electrode and quad ground electrode versions are virtually worthless for all applications (Subarus included). I worked at an auto parts store for over five years and in that time I can count on one hand the number of people who actually had success with Bosch platinums.

The Bosch "Super" plugs have a copper center electrode similar to a conventional spark plug and will give much the same performance. It's a standard 20K-40K mile spark plug and doesn't have any of the hyped-up crap the platinum series plugs have. Probably won't be quite as good as an NGK plug, but close.