Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ conversion wiring harness pics

r_kirky

NoahDL88 helped me with my harness at WCSS9. Just thought there might be a few people out there struggling with this.

Below are pics of the cut down harness

(These are the wires you don't cut)

It's been a while since I originally pulled this harness but I believe this is the part that runs through the fender

treemo.r_kirky.124869.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124870.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124871.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124872.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124873.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124874.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124875.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124876.or.jpg

(Edit) Remember to get the relays that are on the end of these two plugs (below). I didn't now I have a junkyard trip in my future. I think the dash has to be out to access these? Maybe I will talk to the dealer instead.

treemo.r_kirky.124877.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124878.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124883.or.jpg

This is the section that runs through the center of the firewall

treemo.r_kirky.124884.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124885.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124886.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124887.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124888.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124869.or.jpg
Oh wow, been there done that! After pulling as much of the EJ22T harness as I could resonably get to, and a handfull of other spare/misc. wires, I was left with quite the rat's nest of wiring. I had it all sprawled out across the garage floor when my buddy walks in:

SpeechlessFriend: "Dude, what in the hell is all this?!"

pisces_0: "It's my EJ-swap harness. Just have to get it all rewired and routed."

SF: "You're turning THAT into an engine harness?!"

p: "Yup. Should take me the better part of a weekend or two."

*he stares at me like I've got two heads*

*crickets cherp in the background*

SF: "'The better part of a weekend or two,' you say?! You're a braver man than I am! Have fun buddy..."

He walked out shaking his head and mumbling something about mental illness and boxer engines, but sure as shootin' two FULL weekends of rewiring and soldering later I had an independent engine harness for an EJ22T.

treemo.r_kirky.124885.or.jpg

treemo.r_kirky.124887.or.jpg

Saw these two pics and have to ask about them.

Are you somehow retaining the EJ alternator wiring and SMJ? I was just planning on modifying the EA alternator wiring to work with the EJ alternator. Also, I completely removed the SMJ and modified the wiring so it was the correct length to run from under the driver's side dash where the ECU mounts, forward through the fender and then into the engine bay where it connects into the engine harness via three plugs.

Did you do yours different? I guess that's the neat thing about these swaps. Everyone has there own little feng-shui mixed into the wiring and mounting.:clap:

NoahDL88 is The one that cut this up, I just watched. I believe he said that it was the ninth one that he had done. I plan on hooking it up as is with the ecu in the engine compartment. I'll worry about making it pretty when I hear the engine run. I hope to start this swap soon, I'll let you know how it goes.

This reminds me of the good old days (when I thought it would work great after it started.)

ej22swap_wiring_test2.jpg

Still having flippen idle hell with mine.. Well at the moment it burnt it's battery and some wires so I guess I''m having no trouble iwth the idle as it wont start without a battery..

Anyhowd, I wish you better luck then I! Have fun.