Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

project lil roo's facelift, and jump start

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:00 AM

well i've been meaning to do it for awhile. i've had the olive drab paint sitting around for the last 6 months to a year. and after my college assesment tests i didn't have time to hit up pull-a-part for some much needed parts...

it didn't quite turn out perfect, but it's a start and a wheeler. got to go get 2 more cans to do the roof. olive drab will be the base coat, then some forest green, dark brown and black thrown in for good measure. then to fixing the running gear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

so does this mean that your not going to sell it??

#3 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:33 AM

planning on it. but not sure when. no one has wanted to really buy it yet. so just fixing it up for now.

#4 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:52 AM

planning on it. but not sure when. no one has wanted to really buy it yet. so just fixing it up for now.

may i ask why you want to sell it?

#5 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:04 AM

i've had it for 8 years. time to move on, and need parts for the toyota. otherwise this will be my tahuya state forest mobile, since the toyota will be over kill there.

#6 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:20 AM

i've had it for 8 years. time to move on, and need parts for the toyota. otherwise this will be my tahuya state forest mobile, since the toyota will be over kill there.

oh ok, cool

#7 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:23 AM

hardest part, and why i keep refraining from selling is that this is my first car. she was mint when i first got her, hard to believe. she's gone through about 3 or 4 stages to get to this point.

#8 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

well got some work done this week. picked up "new" control arms from P-A-P, bushings were in a lot better condition. mine were toast. center metal on metal. sloppy steering. cut off the 1/4" steel skid plate on the control arms and got them welded to the new control arms. found out that the upper strut bushing was torn on the passenger strut. so found a replacement at P-A-P. another direct replacement EA82 adjustable. that's the 5th strut top i've torn in the last 7 years... time for limiting straps...

tomorrow, picking up another new shaft for the passenger side, and some header wrap so that the exhaust will quit overheating the shaft's boot and cracking it. also picking up the pwr steering rack. then it'll be good for a thursday test run at tahuya.

friday, it's time to replace the intermediate shaft's u-joints... saturday, with luck, eric's cabin!

some progress pics tomorrow.

#9 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:26 AM

hardest part, and why i keep refraining from selling is that this is my first car. she was mint when i first got her, hard to believe. she's gone through about 3 or 4 stages to get to this point.

I remember how bumemd you were to put it on its side while fighting with some girl way back.
Didn't it start as a DL?

#10 Rooinater

Rooinater

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

sticker and registration says gl... but who knows. it was a 1980 1600 4wd. i converted it to a d/r... now it's a 1.8L ccr engine and 5 speed d/r to a nissan tcase....

so i got these new ball joints before i left arizona... and the boot isn't already installed. didn't want to go on and tore when i installed them... it's too small of a boot the seal won't even seal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users