Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

roofrack alternative

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dante

Dante

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 03 December 2003 - 01:30 AM

The other day it occurred to me that I could Herculiner the roof of my wagon, insert a few rivnuts in the roof to receive some eye bolts and then strap a spare an other stuff directly to the roof instead of using a rack.

I don't think I'll do it because (1) it would be hot and I don't have AC and (2) it would be pretty ugly, but I thought I'd throw it out there FWIW

OTOH, you can get Herculiner in gray now, which would not be as hot as black and wouldn't look that bad on the roof or my silver wagon. Hmmm...

#2 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 03 December 2003 - 04:48 AM

Herculined roof??? I think your on to something! Great idea!

I wouldnt strap stuff directly to the roof tho, it really doesnt support much wieght.

Now THIS will support some wieght!
Posted Image

Its hurculined, and i can sit in it. I think it'll support alittle more than just the roof.

-Brian

#3 Dante

Dante

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 03 December 2003 - 12:37 PM

Yea, you are right. I was kind of tired when I posted and did not think about the roof's ability to bear weight until I re-read my post and your response this morning.

I was looking at my wagon this morning and it is still too good looking IMO to do something like herculining the roof. Most of the paint is still pretty good. It will look great after a wash and wax.

What kind of rack do you have? I need something like that...

#4 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:05 PM

My rack was custom made by Soobme. I had to prime it and coat it. Its top notch, one of the best rack's ive ever seen. And fully functional :)

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users