Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ej22 TO EA81 FUEL PUMP ???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 azbret

azbret

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Chandler, AZ

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

I have read some threads that state you should run larger wires back to the EFI pump. Looking at the wires that are there for my 84 brat they seem to be the same size. is there an amp differance between those pumps or is it just easier to run wires fron the relay instead of tying in the the brats harness???

#2 s'ko

s'ko

RIP

• Members
  • 1,722 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

not sure of the amp difference.

I ran the fuel pump off of the ECU.

BW

#3 azbret

azbret

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Chandler, AZ

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

did you run seprate wires back to the pump or did you tie into the harness in the car????? THX Bret

#4 Psychobaru

Psychobaru

Subie for life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Prescott

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

Are you trying to hook up a EJ22 engine to a EA81 Fuel Pump? If so the EA81 fuel pump will not deliver enough fuel pressure to the engine.

#5 azbret

azbret

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Chandler, AZ

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:29 PM

I'm running the correct type of pump.. just was wondering why people say to run seperate wires back to it instead of using the exsisting wires by just soldering on the new connector for the pump. Then tying into the fuel pump wires in the harness up front at pssenger side door????

#6 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,490 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

Looking at the wires from the ea81t pump and connector, they are definately bigger than n/a ea81 wires. It wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and run new.

#7 azbret

azbret

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Chandler, AZ

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

What do you think about the ground wire.... tie into the brat harness ground or run seperate, larger ground from engine area???? THX Bret

#8 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,910 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

I grounded mine to the chassis right by the pump.

#9 azbret

azbret

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Chandler, AZ

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

That's what I was thinking of doing. I'll run the same size wire as the one from the relay back to the pump then ground to the chassis. How do I post pictues???? THX Bret

#10 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,490 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Either upload attatchments to the thread, load them into your photo gallery, or use an outside photo host i.e photobucket.com or some of the others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users