Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What are these unused connectors?

I was rooting around under the dash just to see what's what and found these 4 unused connectors. Can anyone tell me what they are? And can I do anything cool with them? Like maybe use them to run a turret with a lazer death ray to obliterate slow drivers? Or maybe something more sane, like my coveted cruise control? It's a '98 Impreza L.

This one is on the the left side of the center console, right by where my shin would be when stepping on the gas.

connector1.jpg

These 4 are up under the dash on the left side. You can see in the lower right the tops of the clutch pedal and brake pedal. The unused one I circled on the right is bundled with the the connector to the brake pedal.

connector2.jpg

96+ have the standard OBD-II diagnostic port, although it could be some sort of Subaru-specific diagnostic port, I know there are several under the dash of my Turbowagon, that like, pin 2 of the pink connector has voltage when the idle switch is closed, etc... Used for troubleshooting

Your car doesn't have cruise control...

The black connector circled is used when you have cruise control. The brake pedal switch gets replaced with a dual switch for cruise control and uses that connector instead. The grey connector could very well be for the cruise control module, but I believe on an impreza that module hides up above the pedals on the drivers side.