Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Alcyone Dragon Meet Experience ..Long and winded Pics Added

Was awesome!!!!! Got started traveling with Hocrest and Leaking Oil later in the afternoon thursday..Drove straight through cept for a 2 hour snoozer in S Virginia around 2 AM..Got into Fontana Village around 10ish ..( stopped at Shoneys from breakfast) went to the campground and set up camp...that place has the biggest campsights ever..we could have fit the enitire group up on our sight. And it was right at the foot of the Dam ( I will upload my pics and post them here after I go pick up my dog ) Beautiful!!!! Shortly after setting up camp..here comes jeffast:rolleyes: ;) :-p in his SVX..he was booted from his room and was happy to see someone there for him to clown around with.Great kid..was the butt of all our jokes and if you ever get the chance to hang with him..do it..he will have you in tears. He was missing Phil but we kept him company.

We headed off to Robbinsville to go to the courthouse and get the marraige licence Jeff road with Tommy and me in Rocky and cause Jeff was in the car....now my one rear bushing is making a terrible moaning groaning noise:-p ( its one of the shock bushings no biggy blaming jeff anyway) Get to the courthouse do what we had to ( I will let someone else tell the story at the courthouse..about whats on the door). But all I do have to say is.. Jeffs voice is loud when in small echoie areas!!

Go back to the campground

Jeff and Dave went off somewhere for ice..and we all ended up crashed inside the tents for a nap..Got woke up by this yellow SVX ...Huck and Jim (MoodyBluesr) found us!!!Talked for a bit then headed up to the resort to hang for a bit.

Huck them took us all on Frankenwedge rides :eek::slobber::eek::slobber::eek::slobber: THAT was unbelieveable!!

OH forgot to mention that coming into the resort you basically have to run part of the Dragon...I couldnt help it ..I played abit so I could learn what Rock can and cant do..Melis 2 ways me and asks me how I like...all I could do was laugh and giggle like a giddy little school girl

Anyway..Got showers ( Thanks to Jim and Jeff letting us use their room) and go for dinner.

Get back and do the usual camp thingy ..fire ...note to self..NEVER let jeff be the one to start the fire.

Rob finally gets in late and gets set up with us in the campground..we all hang around talking and laughing at Jeff and Tommy doing the fire thing ..lets just say it included a WHOLE bottle of lighter fluid and the air pump for the air mattresses.

Bed ..sleep..next morning get up and go wash the cars...and do what we have to do..Breakfast etc..them we go over to the cutest little church ever And had the most casual wedding off all time...it was perfect!!!What more could anyone ask for ..surrounded by great cars and some of the best people ever! OH!! I am now married and now Mrs Dragone...now you know why the Dragon meet was perfect for all this.

We head to the Dam for the photo shoot..couldnt believe what a great batch of cars we had.

Now the fun begins..the run....I tried to stay to the back of the pack at first cause Rocks suspension is making weird noises and his one axle was clicking pretty good.Plus with his cheap tires he doesnt want to stick to the road to well.OMG what fun..cept when you get behind someone doing 10 mph!!Huck and Jim would do a good job of holding us back to get a small space to get some runs in ..in the tight twisties...it wasnt until we got to another area ( right now the name elludes me) that we could get some good runs..this wasnt the super tight stuff but more higher speed sweeping turns through the most beautiful views I have ever seen..we were 5000-6000 ft up in the mountains Just spectacular!! Somehow I ended up towards the front of the pack behind 3 SVXs with very experienced drivers ( Huck Dave and I dont remember the other guys name) ..and the Ken ( won our nicest car award with his lagoona Blue SVX) behind..Great now I have to push Rock so not to hold anyone up..He did FANTASTIC!

ALL in all it was the greatest experience..i could write all day about it. I think Rocky enjoyed it too..He is running near perfect right now..got 29mpg on the way home..and comes away with only a very clicky rear axle and a squeaky bushing..The Cars were beautiful..the company was the best...Loved the fact that Rob drove all the way out to hang with us..we tried to kidnap him and keep him on our coast.

OK time to go get my dog...will post pics shortly.

Teaser pic:

DragoneMeet2007009.jpg

Rocky and Princess at one of the lookouts..and Tommy and Dave and Melis too

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the story here? C'mon...DISH!!

hehehe.... We were on our way down to the group photo by the dam. I was running hard and Aus was keeping up. Right before the campground entrance a bike dumped, it was over in the grass, but one of his friends was standing out on the road waving to slow us down. I slowed down, the problem is the biker's friend was standing right by the crash, rather than up the road a bit. With that turn and the way that the "friend" was standing right next to the crash, Aus didn't have as much of a notice as I did. I hear screeching and quickly look up to see tire smoke and Aus's eyes in my mirror :eek:.

I wasn't quite stopped yet, instinctively I got off the brake... I lost sight of his bumper, he says he got as close as 6"....

Glad you guys had sooooo much fun!!!!!! is there a pic of the Jeffy mobile? I'd love to see his ride.

I dunno if anyone got Pics Of Jeffast's bargain basement SVX on the road. I DO know that Killboy got him up on The Dragon thursday. Here's a link to the proof. Personally I loved the way his SVX sounded. It's got a NASTY rasp to it's sound!:burnout:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=04RK00GZ000265&po=265&c=

This page has Moodybluser, Huck369, Huckette, and Nick S. Note Huckette pushing Hucks Yellow SVX pretty hard.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage.aspx?e=3025973&g=00&s=150

I dunno if anyone got Pics Of Jeffast's bargain basement SVX on the road. I DO know that Killboy got him up on The Dragon thursday. Here's a link to the proof. Personally I loved the way his SVX sounded. It's got a NASTY rasp to it's sound!:burnout:

This page has Moodybluser, Huck369, Huckette, and Nick S. Note Huckette pushing Hucks Yellow SVX pretty hard.

Jeff got himself one heck of a deal on that SVX..and he is great to have around...not just to pick on either...keeps you laughing. Cant wait for Killboy to get Sat and Sundays pics up..want to see if they got us.

Oh and Shannon..you wouldnt believe that horsepower...you yourself should have gained alot by being parked beside Rocky...then you touched him..you hatch can now hang with the big dogs :-p

Thanks for the link Paul....but Huckette is my oldest daughter, and she's riding shotgun in the Teal SVX behind my Yellow, SVX....my Wife was driving the yellow SVX:headbang:

Oh and Shannon..you wouldnt believe that horsepower...you yourself should have gained alot by being parked beside Rocky...then you touched him..you hatch can now hang with the big dogs :-p

Oh of these days, lol. I must admit, it was great to be able to see and touch a mobile XT6 again. It brought a smile to my face will be there for a while:)

Oh of these days, lol. I must admit, it was great to be able to see and touch a mobile XT6 again. It brought a smile to my face will be there for a while:)

I should have let you take Rocky for a spin...That would have definately put a huge smile on your face...even with his issues.

DragoneMeet2007138.jpg

Tommy and me are complete opposites..he is very quiet..I am a lunatic around people I am comfortable with.

We enjoyed meeting you too! I am already making plans for WCSS10 next year...I am going to try my darnest to make it out there..we showed Rob our side and I want to see that side!

( I just hope we didnt scare Rob away from ever coming back.....We will miss you and are so happy you came out!)