Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rockys Major Long Road Trip!

Y'all know all the issues I have had with Rocky ( my XT6 ) and how I didnt trust him as far as I could push him....well..slightly over 2000 mile road trip and he made it back with no real issues!! I may have to admit to liking him again.. Ran him down to the Dragon meet..no issues...drove him alittle harder then I really wanted to down there ..he held up so well and handled fantastic for what he has...not the greatest tires and who knows what kind of suspension was put on when he was switched to coil overs..

He used about a quart and a half of oil on the whole trip..not bad considering..he hugged the turns held up to the heavy braking and stood up to the hard acceleration. I have a short video from inside the car and as soon as I can get it uploaded ( its 233 MB and photobucket wont allow that) I can show you.

Basically..he made it home getting 29 mpg has a squeaky rear bushing and a very very clicky rear axle..

It was amazing putting this car through...what it was designed to do basically..I am still smiling when I think about the fun.

So now Pheebs is priority ..Rocky is still going to be getting some work...like ..looking for suggestions on a better coil over system for him.

and Bucky may be getting turned into a lifted D/R 4WD wagon...if I can get all the parts ..OR if I find a nice rust free lifted western one.

I now see the why people love the XT6..you can't imagine until you drive it like we drove ours..what a truely amazing car they are