Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A few pics from Deals Gap (The Dragon)

Glad we have a forum for stuff like this now, as I'm not just a Soob nut.

First one is for Moosens:-p

DSC00105.JPG

DSC00106.JPG

DSC00107.JPG

DSC00108.JPG

DSC00104.JPG

Yes, thats a girls pink Big Wheel. Some people will try anything on the Dragon.......and pay the price:rolleyes:

treeofshame.jpg

DSC001091.JPG

On a average, 3 people a week crash on this road. There was a death while we were there, somebody on a trike.

318 corners on a 11mi road.

Why did Darwin have to come up:rolleyes: I like the idea of roads keeping idiot drivers down. Kinda like highway 3 here in utah one of the top deadlests(or however you spell it) in the nation.

Every State in the US has a road like that. We have dozens here in Washington, the biggest is the northern corridor of I-5. Theres a short 2 corner hill by my place, its called "Sand Hill". If your coming down it when its iced up, your in for a real ride. Even in a Soob;)

People are too complacent. They assume the car they are driving will somehow drive itself and they can go about other business. Yacking on thier cell phones, yelling at the kids (My late wife wiped out a mailbox doing that) arguing/playing with the wife, etc. The whole American mindset when it comes to driving is totaly wrong. Its not just a mode of transportation, getting from point A to point B. Your in a vehicle moving at speeds up to 75mph (in some states). You better pay attention, or become a statistic.

Yeah, I quess I have to learn to not believe everything I hear:rolleyes:

The police presense helps keep the speeds down, and the traffic is pretty bad on the weekends. But judging by all the parts on the "Tree of Shame" not everyone can handle the road, regardless of thier speed.

I saw a few bikers cutting corners, these were usually the big cruisers. They obviously are not made for cornering.

I editted my first post and changed it to a average of 3 crashes a week. Totaly realistic figure there, could actually be higher than that.

Yeah, I quess I have to learn to not believe everything I hear:rolleyes:

The police presense helps keep the speeds down, and the traffic is pretty bad on the weekends. But judging by all the parts on the "Tree of Shame" not everyone can handle the road, regardless of thier speed.

I saw a few bikers cutting corners, these were usually the big cruisers. They obviously are not made for cornering.

I editted my first post and changed it to a average of 3 crashes a week. Totaly realistic figure there, could actually be higher than that.

definitely more than 3 crashes per week.....more than that each day on the weekend....just most are just low siding off the side of the road

Of course after my last post, I saw a page with a news story about two crashes with three fatalities within a couple of days earlier this year, so they're already over the average. It just goes to show that the law of averages doesn't protect you. You could be next no matter what the averages say.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rob,just saw this while checking out the newer forums..

DSC00106.JPG

Yeah,that'd be me. Infact....I'm fighting my former comments that I'd never have another Ducati as my commuter. But,the Monster sure makes it a tough decision. Easy to work on,like a Subaru. And with Italian valve adjustments you need that easy access because you're doing it a lot.

And,the Monster is the Harley of all other bikes. the typical owner instantly adds something to set it apart from stock and individualize it.

I don't know.Part of me wants to go yuppie and get a BMW K1100 or 1200LT for commuting and wife. My back is telling me no more sport bikes. But no,I'm not ready for a Hawg. ;) Buell,maybe.

Wouldn't mind either of the two current hot sellers for Ducati. The Hypermotard and the 1098. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :-p

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my2007/ModelPage.jhtml?family=Hypermotard&model=HM1100S-08

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my2007/ModelPage.jhtml?family=Superbike&model=SBK1098STRICOLORE-07

1098:

23-1098-S-72-dpi.jpg

Hypermotard:

hybermoto2.jpg

Shoooooey,boy! That dang Ducati done took off into the woods....

Tought to resist.