Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A pile of broke stuff in only one week

On the way to work on Thanksgiving I hit a huge pothole that bent a Supertourismo wheel on my Impreza and damamged a rotor and caliper. I am replacing the whole thing with a WRX upgraded brake kit. And I still have to get to Baltimore early next week to get the wheel fixed.

Then last weekend I fragged reverse in the BRAT and had to swap the tranny. I swapped to a good one but I am getting some grinding going into 2nd and reverse from a dead stop. That means that my clutch is not fully disengaging. 99% chance of a scuffed spline on the tranny. SO I get to pull it all apart again to dress up the tranny splines so that the clutch disk won't remain pushed up against the flywheel when the pedal is in.

Then to top it off, my heater core began to vomit on the way home from work this morning. Overnighting one in and already have the old one pulled. Now I have to throw the new one in tommorow when I should be sleeping before work. And naturally no time to pull that tranny and tune up the clutch. So I get to do drive to work in the coming slush doing that voodoo wiggle shift into second.

This week sucks.