Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Toyo Open Country A/T's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WRX2FFU

WRX2FFU

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • FORT WAYNE

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

I got some new tires today. First road impressions were AWESOME.

I had 215/75/15 BFG A/T's before. I went with the same size for the Toyo's.

I have to admit they do not look as agressive as the BFG's. Once i rolled out of the lot i was totally sold. My vibration/shaking steering wheel at speed was completely gone. These are A LOT quieter on the road than the BFG's as well.The car also feels way smoother over bumps and a lot more stable in the corners.

I really like these.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, they are great road tires but how well will they do offroad?

I had to test em' a little. As far as i can tell they are better than the BFG's on dry offroad conditions. I climed hills i would have never been able to with the BFG's. The Toyo's just dug in where the BFG's would have just spun. In mud they seem about the same. It has been really dry here so not much mud to be had. After we get some rain i will test them again. As far as snow? Well i'll find out. The guy who recomended them has a 2wd full size pickup with the Toyo's and he said that they were great in the snow.

Anyway i got 4 out the door for $350. They are 215/75/15. The price was a little salty but not bad considering the BFG's i was gonna put back would have been over $400 + mounting and tax.

Just some info.

OH YEAH!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

i always love threads like this..... cuz i know i could never make up my mind with tires... sounds good man,,,, 2nd on the nice wagon:banana:

#3 WRX2FFU

WRX2FFU

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • FORT WAYNE

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. I have trouble on deciding on tires as well.

I figured they would be a good road set of tires and i am looking at the tsl's for offroad of course. I just did not wnat to run tsl's on the street. I put way too many miles on this to burn up a set of nice MT's on pavement. Plus i am pretty sure the tsl's suck in the snow on the street and i drive this in the winter too. I am hoping with proper rotation and changing to an MT for offroad they should last a while.

#4 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

used'em on the fourrunner for years.did pretty good for us everywhere we went.nuthin hard core though.......plenty of back road get ya to that ************in sweet camping spot kinda tire.just take it easy and they won't spin.they will grip if you let some air out.......

#5 WRX2FFU

WRX2FFU

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • FORT WAYNE

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:13 AM

used'em on the fourrunner for years.did pretty good for us everywhere we went.nuthin hard core though.......plenty of back road get ya to that ************in sweet camping spot kinda tire.just take it easy and they won't spin.they will grip if you let some air out.......

I am really happy with them. I think i made a good choice. I have gotten lucky with both sets of tires that i have bought this year. I got hankook rs2 245/40/17's for the wrx and i love them too.

I'll try airing down a bit when i go wheeling. I ran them at 35psi which is the max on these. I was surprised it was so low. The BFG's were 50psi.

I can't really get too hardcore with this rig anyway. It does pretty well but is mildly built, and lifted. Someday i want to do more to it and twin stick it but it's gonna take a lot of fab and time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users