Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone know things about toyota (100th post too)

I have an '88 toyota corrola sr5 with a 4af in it(yes it sucks for power but it does have balls) anyway I need to fix the exhaust and the seat belts (thank you very much dumb dumb(dog)) How hard is it to get the seat belts to be changed and the exhaust would cost me about 300 for the same size pipe or 500 to double the size of it, kinda leaning to the same size since it gets almost 30mpg:slobber: compared to my Loyale at 22mpg on a good day.

And this is my 100th post first mile stone in post count:banana:

Both are pretty easy fixes. Toyota uses flanged, bolt-together pipes so you can change out bad sections with factory-style pipe from Checker, as long as the exhaust hasn't been butchered already.

Get the seatbelts from one in the junkyard, it should just take a 17 or 21mm socket to pull them.

The 300 cost does from the header down, replacing the catlatic and muffler for the same size. As for the 500 that is for a new header, catlatic, and muffler at the bigger size. The pipping just before the muffler rust competley through and the muffler was only hanging by a hanger. The new muffler would cost me about 60, the catlatic would be about 120, and the rest is for piping and instlation.

Ya the 4af is carbed and the 4afe is fuel injected. only downside to these engines is they don't have anything performance wise, but they do get up and go I have had to 100+. Only other downside I have found is some parts to replace in the bay to be quite annoying ex alternator the ac lines wrap around it.

• 3 weeks later...