Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lub.lub.lub.lub.lub.lub.lub.lub.lub.lub........crank music....lub.lub.lub.lub.....

dude, i didn't even know you were getting a lift, that is so HOT nip. awesome dude.

I talked it over with some people, as my insurance settlement is in the mail.

Blue has a new engine and 1/2 a new traany, and just needed an axle and struts.

ANYTHING (damn that new jeep looks good) would be in the 30,000 plus range (not to mention poor mpg)to get the same clearance and make nipper very happy. So i figured i can blow X amount of money on myself, and bank 95% of the rest.

There is a good chance i can never ride a motorcycle again, which was my first choice.

SO i get a really hot looking card, get money in the bank, and save myself 5 years of payments and car insurance :)

And blu should be good for another 5-10 years.

nipper

Listen here slacker, you'd better post pics the next time you post on this thread, or i'll get pissed :-p

glad to hear someone was willing to be a guinea pig for the kit, sounds like it'll be awesome!

get some lightforces for the roof, you won't be disappointed ;)

Listen here slacker, you'd better post pics the next time you post on this thread, or i'll get pissed :-p

glad to hear someone was willing to be a guinea pig for the kit, sounds like it'll be awesome!

get some lightforces for the roof, you won't be disappointed ;)

soooooooo

about your tranny :)

nipper

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

Good news is that they may not need a camber kit. Like I thought, once the car settled down on the ground, it looked better. Even if it needs a kit. the shop said 1.5 degree max will do it. They are going to try to align it today and will call me.

nipper

Damn looks really good Nipp! :headbang:

Have them drive it around for a bit too...that should also help settle the suspension back down before doing an alignment. I would still put the camber kit on to get it as close to stock as possible. Some of us who run the AA kits for the older Roo's have either had to get it modded or have camber that's way off. (hopefully the EJ series doesn't have that problem).

Damn looks really good Nipp! :headbang:

Have them drive it around for a bit too...that should also help settle the suspension back down before doing an alignment. I would still put the camber kit on to get it as close to stock as possible. Some of us who run the AA kits for the older Roo's have either had to get it modded or have camber that's way off. (hopefully the EJ series doesn't have that problem).

The alignment guy said only the 1.5 kit is needed if any. i offered to buy the 3.0, but he said thats a waste of money. Thats why i liek these guys.

nipper

i thought the fog lights on the bumper were mounted on a light bar. did you just bolt those on? and what brand?

They are Hella driving lights. I can make night onto day.

What i did was screw them right into the bumper skin. I drilled a pilot hole, then drove the screws in by hand. The bumper skin isnt very thick, but its tough. After a year I've only had one screw come loose on me and that was my fault. I also had the light mismounted, so I had to move it anyway.

nipper

So what's your total ground clearance now? That looks pretty cool. Too bad the wheel wells aren't bigger so you can fit some really big tires in it.

I wont know till i see it in person. Its going to be the same as stock, as the lift kit raises the body off the drtivetrain. What it does allow for is a better aproach/departure angle and larger tires.

I will think about the tires once these wear out. They have 1/2 their life left.

nipper

I wont know till i see it in person. Its going to be the same as stock, as the lift kit raises the body off the drtivetrain. What it does allow for is a better aproach/departure angle and larger tires.

I will think about the tires once these wear out. They have 1/2 their life left.

nipper

So it was a body lift? seems wierd to make the body higher and leave everything else the same height. Still looks realy nice.

Yeah, the AA lifts are pretty much body lifts, but since Subies are unibodies, it lifts everything. They essentially "lower" the engine/tranny and maybe the rear diff, too(?), relative to the body so that driveline angles are not too severe.