Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new guy

hello everyone. just got a new (for me) suby. '91 legacy ls. the car only had 127k if you can believe that. any way, I got a pretty good deal but there are some minor probs. the main one being the gas gage doesn't work; is this an easy fix? or does the whole pannel need to be replaced? also, in the morning (cold start) the parking senser doesn't regester and the car won't start until' I wiggle the shifter (automatic). any tips would be great. thanks

congrats on joining the subaru world... you may never go back...

you'll have more luck with your tech questions on the New Gen Forum...

with the gas gauge I'd start with measuring the resistance from the sending unit on the tank... get yourself a cheap manual (hayes/chilton) to get yourself started...

the parking/nuetral sensor is always an issue with autos... you may be able to just take apart the shifter console and clean the contacts... somebody probably spilled soda/coffee on it too many times... last time that happened to me (on an old vw) I just bridged the connection so I could start it in any gear...

cheers!

--Spiffy

Howdy from one of the resident rednecks...You will be addicted in no time..it all starts with just one...next thing you know..you have 3

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....btw i like your little signature thingy under your pic lol

-Dalton