Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Weber carb in Stock one out?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 romcat

romcat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:57 PM

Hey:
Just got an 86 4WD Wagon, my first Sube. I've seen mention on the web of swapping out the stock card (Hitachi?) for a Weber. Can anyone clue me in as to the pro's and con's?

Thanks,
Romcat

#2 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Bronze Subscribers
  • 2,569 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:06 PM

I BOUGHT ONE WITH MY BRAT AND LET ME TELL YOU JUST GET ONE YOU WILL LOVE IT. I'M PUSHIN 25-26MILES TO THE GALLON
AND CAN REALLY HAUL:moon: . IF YOU WANT TO GET A WEBBER CHEAP GO AROUND TO THE JUNK YARDS AND THEN RE BUILD THEM. ITS WORTH IT I'M SOLD ON THEM.

JEFF
NORTHERN ALLIANCE OFFROAD
MT. VERNON WA

#3 Guest_taprackready_*

Guest_taprackready_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2003 - 07:09 PM

Originally posted by one eye
I BOUGHT ONE WITH MY BRAT AND LET ME TELL YOU JUST GET ONE YOU WILL LOVE IT. I'M PUSHIN 25-26MILES TO THE GALLON
AND CAN REALLY HAUL:moon: . IF YOU WANT TO GET A WEBBER CHEAP GO AROUND TO THE JUNK YARDS AND THEN RE BUILD THEM. ITS WORTH IT I'M SOLD ON THEM.

JEFF
NORTHERN ALLIANCE OFFROAD
MT. VERNON WA

Jeff, not to offend or anything, but take the caps lock off. It implys that your yelling and people don't like it.

Thanks

Bill

#4 PHATBRAT

PHATBRAT

Subaru Lover

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  • Mt Holly, NJ

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:26 PM

I agree, I used to use CAPS when I got on here because I was too lazy to capitalize the letters that needed it and I thought it looked better but after many complaints, hints, nagging and begging I crossed over to " the other side" It's not bad, come on over. Don't be afraid.

As for the Weber, I don't think there is any Cons, It's all Pros from what I hear. Some people have a little trouble with the install but that's the only negative thing I have heard. Not too bad from what I understand,. Everyone that had trouble got through it with the help of the great people on this board.

#5 romcat

romcat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:57 PM

OK Sube fella's what's the weber model commomnly used? I'm looking for better throughput but in drivable power, not maximum power at some unusable rpm.
BTW is there a K&N filter for the stock airfilter box?

Cheers,
Romcat

#6 Tom63050

Tom63050

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • St. Louis

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:15 AM

You want the Weber 32/36, very common carb used on many cars. Comes with air filter if you buy a new one. Try www.webercarburetor.com or www.redline.com . You will also need the two-piece adaptor. You may have to go to the hardware store to get the proper screws for the adaptor. As I recall my kit from Redline for my 86 wagon required me to do so; no big deal.

Tom

#7 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 05 December 2003 - 06:13 AM

romcat, this forum has a very good search function
In the box at the bottom of the forum page
type
"Weber 32/36"
Some very good post, threads
I believe you will go DGEV and not look back
(the EV is for Electric Valve as in choke)
all explained in the posts
Good luck and welcome aboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users