Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow!!

well i had to go play, in the 2+ inches we got now... the RX does pretty good for havin highway tires.. in 4x it burns nice donuts in teh parkin lot, lol that LSD just spins her around....

really slick stuff out there now.. i'm thinkin if it keeps it up tonight we won't be workin tomorrow.. that'll give me more play time, haha..

all this seems so foreign to me because i have lived in wyoming for about 16 years. we never wish for snow. well sometimes when it's really dry. and up here, they don't close s*** for snow. i went to school here for 13 years and ended up with one snow day this last year. thats it. my buddy from 'bama says that if they even have frost they close school. he said that when he was in georgia, it snowed like an inch and everyone was wrecking theitr cars all over the place. just used to big wonderful Wyoming i guess. well, have fun in your meager, less than 6" "frost". when the snow shows up here i'll send it your way.

oh yeah, and i realized why the wind blows so hard in Wyoming....

it's because your states suck! ha haw i love that one.

hehe, yesterday they closed schools because it was snowing, and the roads were wet.. wasn't even sticking to the pavement yet.. they also had the plows already out.. :lol: i thought to myself if this was colorado, they wouldn't know what to do..

gonna go fire up the hatch here in a few.. we got a good 5-6" in my front yard, hehe.. time to go play on my way to work...

Well, its only snowing lightly where I am now, but by the end of the day they are calling for 2-4", and by the end of tomorrow 6-14" :bday: Since the RX is still in pieces I'll be out doing 300hp AWD doughnuts in the STi :banana: Not sure what it will do having LSDs on both ends :slobber: Maybe I'll just open the center diff and let it all fly to the rear. That would be some serious doughtnut action :burnout:

It sure may hurt every month when I have to pay that car loan, but it's days like today that make it all worth while!

Keith

I went to bed last night with 3" and it was still falling fast and heavy. Imagine my disappointment to wake up this morning to rain and heavy, wet, slush. :banghead: I even overslept on purpose expecting to have a 2 hour delay for work. Oh well, only 3 folks made it in the office today. Apparently Maryland got dumped on a bit more. The boss isn't is yet b/c he couldn't get his tractor started to plow his driveway (stories like that, and here I work 2 miles from the D.C. line - "tractor" + DC = :cornfuzz: )

Oh well, Forester didn't get to impress me, and SO was able to get to work in his 2WD Ranger. You know, we'll make up the cost of Moose's hatch if it just means he doesn't have to call in for all the snow days he did last year.

Man I have had a blast. I took a coworker home this morning because her Boxter would not make it out of the parking lot. Then when I went home I made sure I had my fun. Another guy I work with has an expedition and was making some pretty bold claims about my BRAT Vs his truck until I blasted past him out of the lot, did about a dozen revolutions at the end of the road and met him coming back the other way.

If any VA folks want to get together Sat. afternoon let me know, I have to work again tonight but I should be up and about by afternoon. Maybe we could meet up in Culpeper, central to Myself, Meeky, and Jay Hoagan.

i'm up for a saturday run at something.. not sure whwere to find anything tho.. i should have the tierodend on the hatch sat morning.. it would prolly be my last 4xing trip in the hatch before it goes to a new home.. i bet i could drag jules along this time cause he can't lay in his driveway and work on his wagon :lol:

i need to check out the trails i heard about around madison... about 20 min from my house.. and i know where the road is to get to them, just gotta drive out and find'em.. maybe we could do that saturday? gets dark about 5:30 so if we started around noon, it'd give us plenty of time to have fun..