Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subaru has lost it's "Subaru" appeal. And whats up with the window frames??? :dead:

It's probably quieter on the highway. Subaru has been taking flak for having generally "unrefined" interiors on otherwise great cars, so maybe they're pushing the fit 'n finish angle these days, even on what's supposed to be an unforgiving sport sedan...

wow i agree with Shannon, looks just like a mazda 3 wagon. in fact, i have one right outside to compare it to.

i actually like the mazda better. on the 3 they put the air induction vents through the grill and routed it into the intercooler for a cleaner/scoop free look.

It's terrible. Window frames...come on Subaru your losing it.

Still looking forward to getting that '06 legacy gt WAGON, someday, when it is 10yrs old, and has 100k on it...

will be interested what subaru will be like 10 years from now :rolleyes: Will be interesting what our already 10+ year old vehicles look like another 10 years from now :eek:

our dealership got our first '08 Impreza last Wednesday, and I got a good look at it. I really think the body (4-door) is shaped like a Saturn Ion

LeftRear2.jpg2008impreza6.jpg

and the front headlight/grille treatment looks like a Suzuki Reno (even more-so in person)

?IMG=70SZGEE1.JPG&WIDTH=300&HEIGHT=2252008impreza1.jpg

(NOT a compliment...the Reno (and sister-car Forenza) are some of the worst raging piles of crap still on sale today...I should know...I'm Suzuki Certified)

the interior feels a little more refines, but the stereo sucks rump roast...sounds like they got much cheaper speakers, or wrong speaker locations, or something. I haven't driven one yet to tell the difference in driving from the '07, but that shouldn't be too much different, since the drivetrain is exactly the same. I wonder if the rear suspension setup is going to change things much...

Subaru has been pretty public with their intent to become more mainstream, and the new Impreza certainly is more mainstream...but if you ask me, the non-mainstream-ness was what made a Subaru a Subaru (blatant referral to their ad campain).

~Erik~

The drivetrain is basically the same, yes. Except the composite intake manifold, and intercooler caps. The rear suspension changes should make it a little bit more capable auto-x car, but I think rally will suffer. And the fact that they downgraded the brakes is just plain stupid.

will be interested what subaru will be like 10 years from now :rolleyes: Will be interesting what our already 10+ year old vehicles look like another 10 years from now :eek:

a giant turd on 18" alloys and a 2.5:dead: :dead: :dead:

old skool FTW!!!!!

the subaru kid

-Dalton

If you don't like the framed windows and right-side exhaust, then what I'm about to tell you guys next is going to kill you...

THE PARKING LIGHT SWITCH IS GONE!

Yes, that's right, the parking light switch is gone, and if you want to turn your headlights on while your ignition is off and run your battery down, you are free to do so on the 2008 Impreza.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm done. I'm getting my Forester XT Sports and that's it. Subaru, you lost a loyal customer. Permanently.

THE PARKING LIGHT SWITCH IS GONE!

Yes, that's right, the parking light switch is gone, and if you want to turn your headlights on while your ignition is off and run your battery down, you are free to do so on the 2008 Impreza.

You are joking right? Please pinch me. Guess I'll just go buy a Ford.

We have lost everything that made subaru's so great. Alum intake, frameless door, lights that shut off with ignition off, stupid switch thingy, and plain out Subaru looks. Its all gone now. Atleast we thought we had the switch thingy and headlights that shut off. But its all gone :dead:

Granted I like wrx line but this is too diffrent for me. To much like other cars one thing I loved about subaru was is was so diffrent from others. Once soob sees how badly this does they will go back to what is known and true be your self and not like others.

So I will give the 08 wrx :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: out of 5

218.JPG

115.JPG

311.JPG

47.JPG

These came in after we left last night. I'll take one of them on a good honest test drive after they've been PDI'ed.

But I have a very strong feeling my opinion's not gonna change.

If Subaru wants to go a different direction and appeal to a different crowd, that's fine. I can't stop them.

But I'm not going with them.