Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP!! Need emergency contact #s, East Coast, CT to VA leaving in 4 hours

Hi all,

I need help quickly. I was planning on taking a trip to VA to grab a blast cabinet and a car for moosens. I didn't post here (since it wasn't finalized) and then I wasn't getting the car...and then the EC junkyard meet got cancelled. So I'll be driving back in an '88 GL wagon with the Forester following--if there's anyone that's willing to share emergency numbers/addresses I'd REALLY appreciate it. The car is unproven to me, and although I trust the people on this board you never know what's going to happen in a 15-year-old car in a foot and a half of snow, over 800+ miles.

Thanks very much,

Andrew

aparker@aparker.asnuntuck.org

If you can send me your numbers/addresses please do so before 3:30, our estimated time of departure. I'm not going to be able to check my mail after that.

We'll be taking I-195 south most of the way.

I am in central NJ. About 30 mins out from I-95. My home number is 732-446-2084. Don't hesitate to call if needed. Number has call blocking but just ID yourself. If no answer, leave message on voice mail (I'll be going out for food soon but will be back long before 3PM). Luck

You know my cell # I'll be working in Satmford from 5PM on so I'll cover you from Ffld county up to the GWBridge or TappanZee.

If you're really in a mess and ccan't get me(voice mail only) call my wife and ask her to beep me.I'll call you at that point.

Now,as long as this appears to be happening can you get the tranny to Steve?It's in Milford.Really for this to happen the planets need to be aligned properly.I have very limited time before needing to head to Stamford.gotta be there at 5,not later,so leaving Milford by 4-4:15 the latest.First getting the kid from school,drop him off here so my time frame is about from 3:30 to 4:15 in Milford.......IF you CAN do this call IMMEDIATELY.

If not I really won't cry about not getting that car.And you'll probably be more at ease driving back.

Just got my heat working in the turbo wagon so Steve's car is much less appealing right now.I've already told hom to do as he must,if it sells to someone else that's cool.

Safe trip,hi to dad......oh,did you pay Chris yet!!!????

Well, thanks everyone for the numbers--but due to the foot of snow blanketing the area, I'm planning on waiting another couple weeks. Maybe the JY run next week and then down to VA the week after, or after Jan 1. I don't have a backup driver next week for sure.

PS Any objections if I give the contact info to my Mom? She's picking up my cousin and her kids on the 10th, flying down, renting a van and driving back with my aunt. If you aren't going to be around or have a problem with that let me know.

Thanks again

Andrew

Give me a shout if you are gonna be down my way; the Beautiful New River Valley. We have over 10" of snow right now, but otherwise it is great!

Exit 118 I-81 Christiansburg VA (25 miles south of Roanoke) (1.5 hrs north of Bristol/Abingdon)(1.5 hrs south of Staunton)(3 hrs west of Richmond via us 360 and us 460)

540-382-5066 hm

540-831-6802 wk Radford

Have a 99 F250 diesel 4x4, 16 foot car trailer if any help needed.

MD

Tom, I'm going down I-95 to exit 110. My mom is going to Kannapolis, NC--she'll probably take 81 to 66 to 95 (on the way back--she's flying down). Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm looking at either the 18th or the first weekend in the new year for my trip, my mother is going to NC this Wednesday.