Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where can I get main 100 amp fuse?

Hi. Anyone know if the main 100 amp fuse (2000 Outback wagon) is a dealer only item? Or can I get it at parts america or autozone or even napa?

Ideally I need to get one tomorrow (Sunday) and my local dealers are closed, and the aforementioned vendor web sites are useless in finding this fuse. Thanks! zzz

blown-main-100-amp-fuse-md.jpg

Thanks nipper. I thought I saw fuses like this at the chain stores before but I wasn't sure.

How did you manage to blow the main fuse?

mm..well hehe, you remember that alternator thread about making sure the grounds were good and alternator connections were good? Well it turns out my alternator + connection and alternator ground are both pretty good..... :dead: just not when they're touched together with a screwdriver.

lol yes all in all I'd say it was a successful day! The real test will be seeing if replacing the main fuse makes the car work again....

and all i get to blow up are those mudder ruckin illumination controllers.

(I have dash lights again but no dimmer)

nipper

OK, got the new 100 amp main fuse put in. I went to autozone, parts america, and carquest, but the largest fuse they had in this style was 80 amp.

Parts america did have a similar 100 amp fuse, but it had straight legs, not legs bent at 90 degrees like the Subaru fuse. So I got this fuse from parts america and bent the legs carefully with needlenose pliers. Then during installation I was careful not to let any of the tools touch the body...:dead: