Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Projects WOOOTT

ok so i have been thinking alot lately and i have two cars 86 wagon no engine tranny drivlines axles(totally striped) also i have another wagon its an 85 also totaly striped. one was gonna go the junk yard the other was gonna be my trailer. well i got to thinking i can use the front end off the 85 and use it to build a test stand (wheels and all so it can be moved more easy) then the back will be used for a BBQ :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

YES i said BBQ i want to cut it in the thinist area right down the rear door jam and make a gas grill trailer. make a set of burners out of steel pipe drill small holes all the way down it and havea couple of rows. then a big grill over the top (roof will be gone&windows) and i thought abotu having a charcoal but it would melt the floor of the car so ditched that idea. it is going to be in planning for a wile but i havea good feeling.

now the other wagon i am makinga camp trailer. i have been talking to bratsrus1 and i have come to a plan i am gonna cut it infront of the rear doors (roof and all) and leave the roof in the back so basicly cuttign the car in half. that would reduce the toung weight so my sube could haule it and be safe but to make it so i can sleep in it i have to mod it so i can still fit my 6ft 5 frame inside it lol so i am gonna have a flip ot framme that oppens out the back just an extension for a futon mattres so i can open the hatch then flip the frame out, then i can crawl in ther and still be able to stretch out yes it wont be toataly inclosed but its camping not a 5 star hotel. i will be puting pics up soon.

ewww, gass grill:-\ if you get some heavier steel, make a removable coal basket that sits a few inches above the bottom of the car, and then mount the cooking surface above that, that will preven you from melting hte car. that and it will make your food come out better.

:) I like your idea to make the back of one into a grill. Gass would be a noo clean up mess. I mean i like chardoal to but gas is way easier. The Camper i would think is a bad idea. Im 5,7 and i laid down the backseat in my car. I barely fit and im on the shorter side of life. I could think that you would want something alittle more comfortable. I mean you could still camp out in the back of your running wagon while towing your grill :)

If you wanted to go super sick and twisted. Put the grill where the engine was. That way you wouldnt need to chop off the roof. When you cooked you could just lift the hood. Then convert the entire rest into your camper. Shirly witht he lack of engine and tranny and interior you would be much lighter then factory soob thus able to tow it. You wont need to worry about cumbersome welding and covering up holes you cut. On top of that youve got a tricked out soob. With all the interior removed you wouldnt have any problem fitting any height of persons in the car.

but then again thats just my 2cents

Ben

If you wanted to go super sick and twisted. Put the grill where the engine was. That way you wouldnt need to chop off the roof. When you cooked you could just lift the hood. Then convert the entire rest into your camper. Shirly witht he lack of engine and tranny and interior you would be much lighter then factory soob thus able to tow it. You wont need to worry about cumbersome welding and covering up holes you cut. On top of that youve got a tricked out soob. With all the interior removed you wouldnt have any problem fitting any height of persons in the car.

but then again thats just my 2cents

Ben

Weld a tow bar onto the front tow points, remove ALL unnecessary mass including dash, bumpers, etc. Install a ten horse diesel under the hood (maybe set back into trans tunnel?) to power a small generator, also install cooker, etc. Use stock gas tank :grin:

Install drapes, shades, blinds or something to cover inside windows.. if you want to be green about it install solar chargers on the roof, and use a couple batteries, an inverter, you could do all SORTS of things with electrical. Air conditioning, anyone? (maybe run the stock AC compressor off of the diesel? or something junkyardish resembling an auto AC rather than sticking a window unit somewhere, a la mikeshoup??)

Then, get a real truck and tow that around. "Naw, thats just my camparu."