Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

SPRAY PAINT RATTLE SOUND???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JER2911_*

Guest_JER2911_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2003 - 12:48 AM

What the? Is this what "knocking" sounds like?? It seems to do this quite a bit lately...I'm wondering if I have my plugs gapped wrong or what the deal is. thanks!
Jordan

#2 Guest_CROSSTBOLT_*

Guest_CROSSTBOLT_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2003 - 03:33 AM

Check the heat shields around the cat converters & pipes. Your computer should eliminate any knocks if the knock sensor is working.

Karl

#3 Guest_pat1234_*

Guest_pat1234_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2003 - 05:27 AM

I posted yester on a problem similar....... here is what I posted as it could be the same problem....still trying to find the problem......

When in neutral and I slowly give it some gas I eventually get a clattering noise like the dreaded piston slap but much louder.

If also does it when I floor it from a stopped position. It also does it on the highway usually starting at 90 km/h at a certain rpm.... when it makes the noise and I let go on the gas pedal it stop.

I listened to it under the hood when someone slowly gave it some gas and it seems to come from the top of the engine... almost like a clicking/slaping sound.

The car run fine, except for the noise!

I have a 97 legacy gt with 97,000 KM

Thanks

Pat

#4 Guest_JER2911_*

Guest_JER2911_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2003 - 07:40 AM

I'm not to worried about it, I just thought that maybe it was the engine knocking, and that possibly the knock sensor wasn't doing it's job? I don't think it's piston slapping though, doesn't sound like it. I'm not getting any "check engine" lights so I don't know. Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users