Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch Patrol? Reiters run- Friday eve/Sat morning Aug 24/25

Ratty2Austin

Yep! I am heading out into the woods in the impreza!

I took it out with Carl and his Brat, last friday in the night- had a full load of people as usual, but the imp ran the hobbit trail just fine :headbang: (and I actually had to go around 2 lifted trucks that were taking forever squezing thru the trees :rolleyes:)

but yeah.. anyone intersted, I am back in the game :burnout:

I will probably head out there in the evening on friday- (i work) and I will probably wheel a little bit in the evening depending on what time I get there, but I will be crashing at Carl's place (he lives across the river from Reiters!)

or maybe I will just camp out at Reiters, up one of the roads, in the imp :grin:

then some wheelin' in the AM! (need good light for pics!)

~open diffs~AWD~5spd~no lift~ I can show you how its done! ;)

~Austin

ok, i got a full car now :cool:

so heres the plan....

I will head out there Friday night, and do some evening wheelin.... I will find a place to park, set up "camp" and then head to bed after some mini partying...

next morning, wakup at dawn, and begin playing around! so if anyone plans on joining me, come find the blue impreza (likley to be covered in mud) and a blue brat!

or call 206-856-7797 (cell phone)

See ya there!

well, I have to be somewhere around noon, so i will probably only be out there till 1130 or noonish, but depending on how close to the road we are, cell coverage still kinda sorta works out there....

I dont really know the trails either... but I should be near the main "pit" area, or near the powerlines!

so the problem with night time offroading, is not being able to see ahead of you easily :eek:

187755065-M.jpg

I almost went off the edge here!!! however, my quick reflexes allowed me to stop the car just in time :-p Carl tugged me back on the trail, and we backed back down to the larger area....

it was fairly dry too, the dust made the pics intersting

187754809-M.jpg

it was a good time, would like to go back sometime in the day time, with some other soobs too :headbang:

187754544-M.jpg

tailgate party in Carl's Brat!

187754093-M.jpg

187754271-M.jpg

fyi, not that i'm extremely concerned. but night wheeling on any blm land is technically illegal. reiter is blm. and the fire regulations are on nw-wheelers somewhere. has to be in a burn barrel raised off the ground.

looks like it was fun though.

Yeah, i figured.. but the cop that was just a few car lengths away didnt seem to care :rolleyes::grin: unless maybe he did not see me? who knows..

and I did not have anything for a campfire anways- just a campstove!

but hey... I guess thats why I should go in the day time anways... aside from the saftey aspect of it ;)