Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA-82 4WD linkage ?'s

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, there is a contact switch that mounts up top. I don't think it is required, but you might want a second opinion...

There may be a few misc. pieces you'll still need to finish the job. Depending on what came with your D/R, you may need a mounting bracket that hold the shifter rod in place. Also, there is a spring underneath that ties the shift rod to the housing. Don't forget all the bushings and stuff that always seems to get misplaced anytime you do a conversion.

Good Luck, John

I don't know if you've done the pedal box and speedo yet (A/T conversion?), but I always treat those items as if they are part of the D/R "linkage" conversion.

Namely, you'll want to look at the clutch cable, and replace if necessary, before bolting up the pedal box. The old cable is often frayed, and the end fastener assembly corroded. These cables can be difficult to replace by crawing under the dash.

Also, I would make sure both ends of the correct speedo cable are intalled before buttening up your steering column, and bolting the tranny completely. Speedo cables are also difficult to replace after the fact, and screwing them into the tranny can be frustrating.

good luck, John