Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buggyroo Pics

bigo1966

Oh no, she is road legal.....or close enough. I have insurance and plates on her. Everything on its DOT other than the gas tank and no front windshield. I had a "street legal" VW Sand Rail and never had any problems. I guess we will just see what happens. :grin:

Damm that's looks like alot of hard work! Very cool man:headbang: I can't beleave thats street leagle!:eek:

About posting pics in treads! First open a free Photobucket.com account then once you upload pics to your home page there, You can take the IMG code. Right Click copy and when you want to post it in your message here right click paste. And it will show a code. Then it should show up on here! That's really easy too!

Hope i helped you..

Does anyone know if my radiator will work as well as when it was mounted vertical? Im thinking ill put some little scoops on the top to direct the air. Also, after tearing all the emissions crap off my car and hooking the breaklines all back up the petal needs to be pumped 2-3 times. Could i still have air in the system, continue bleeding? Or could i have removed too much emissions stuff to effect the power breaks? I checked the vacuum line going to the master cylinder and it still has good suction. Any thoughts?

I'd try bleeding the lines some more... Also, the rad probably won't work as well as it did when mounted vertically, that said I've seen some guys running horizontal mounted rads with a pair of thermo fans on top to draw or push air through...

Does anyone know if my radiator will work as well as when it was mounted vertical?

MikeW used a radiator for a porsche when he mounted it above his engine. I cant remember which porsche model it came from, but from the factory thats how they are used. The filler was at a 90 degree angle pointed up, and the hose routing was designed for a horizontal installation.

That buggy looks real sweet. I bet if you did that with a EA82 Turbo model, that thing would flat out COOK!

-Brian

I know as soon as im done with the build and have all the kinks worked out I want to drop in a EA82T. There seems to always be one in the Denver area for around 300-400. Before I get the turbo motor I kinda want to put a 20-30 shot of NOS on the car with the current motor....just for the hell of it. I just dont have any experience with NOS. Anyone ever done it on a carb EA82?

Another questions would be what are the most common items that fail on the trail when 4x4ing? ex. CV joints etc...

what are the most common items that fail on the trail when 4x4ing? ex. CV joints etc...

EA82 axles are pretty tuff, especially with your lower weight , you dont want to stress them more then 1" over stock to do so you will have more failure , alot of guy have the stubs twist off the rear diff, myself Ive never seen it, the smaller the tires and the less the weight will keep you alive, Ive had trouble with the front radius rods, they tend to bend when you hit stuff hard, theres aways the loose nut holding the steering wheel:eek: :lol:

Buggie looks great!!. Your gonna have a ball wheelin in an open buggie. We've had trouble with bending radius arms too, so we got the adjustable arms for a tractor with hime jounts from tractor supply (cheap). Works great and looks great. Remember to overkill alittle on the gussuts it's better to be safe than sorry, expecially when your the engineer. Have fun...

Local Laws? What are those? I ran my sandrail around here for months and never had a problem. Not to metion all the other rock crawlers that are in the area, I would hope the cops have more to worry about. But we will see. I do need to do some more triangulation, that is in the plan. I just found a local shop that sells sweet gussets. Thanks for all the input. I should get the rad mounted tonight.

I know there are 3 places on each side im going to triangulate. From there ill check and see what looks weak (other than my welds). How effective are the rear coli overs when you adjust them. Ive been soaking mine with WD-40 in hopes to crank em up a few clicks soon. PS did i mention the wiring of the tail lights on this thing has been a PITA? I dont know why, must be a German thing. Anyone have a MIG in the Denver area?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to increase the amount of pics i can upload? I have a bunch from this past weekend that i want to post but i ran out of room i guess.

Nothing like being 15 miles from camp, having both of your rear coil overs catastrophically(sp) exploding. We were force to replace the rear springs with some Aspen logs we cut on the trail. It was a little rough drive home "only" 45 miles.